• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Culture Shock? Brady Tkachuk Has Entered the Chat ...

1 hour ago, Sod16 said:

One year of Igor would not do Ottawa any good.  I doubt he'd take $12m from Ottawa to extend when he can get it elsewhere.  They don't need a 33 year old like Kreider who will be on the way out by the time they are contending.  A theoretical trade to Ottawa for BT would be for something like Miller, Kakko and Cuylle/Othmann.

59 minutes ago, Br4d said:

My original proposal was : Tkachuk for Igor + Othmann + Kakko.

Edit: also I disagree that Igor would not make them competitive.  He'd steal at least 5 wins next season, probably more and that's close to what it would take to make them a bubble team.  If Igor had a career year they are in the playoffs.

48 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't see how that's attractive for Ottawa. NYR + Igor made it to ECF, even if OTT - Brady + Igor made the playoffs, what are they doing? Then he's more than likely walking.

Any realistic trade for Tkachuk starts with Lafreniere. Ottawa was expected to be a playoff team this season, they can't start yet another rebuild. Perrault and Othmann don't help them today.

41 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Ottawa hasn't made the playoffs in 7 years now.

I think you underestimate how desperate they are to get on a winning track at this point.  It's very possible that we all underestimate how anxious Brady Tkachuk is to win as his career is approaching the halfway point and he hasn't seen a post-season yet.

36 minutes ago, siddious said:

Igor is the best player in this deal why are we also adding top prospects?

igors not going anywhere. You have to look at the goaltending pipeline of this team alone to know that.

27 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't disagree. But one year of Igor while they lose their best forward doesn't helps them much without getting Lafreniere back. 

Just to be clear… I’ll spitball stuff cause it’s something to talk about…

but Ottawa isn’t trading Brady Tkachuk.

• Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Just to be clear… I’ll spitball stuff cause it’s something to talk about…

but Ottawa isn’t trading Brady Tkachuk.

It's a scenario that's highly unlikely to happen, I'm filing this all under a fun discussion of what it would take, not something that's actually going to happen. 

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

My original proposal was : Tkachuk for Igor + Othmann + Kakko.

Edit: also I disagree that Igor would not make them competitive.  He'd steal at least 5 wins next season, probably more and that's close to what it would take to make them a bubble team.  If Igor had a career year they are in the playoffs.

I think you’d have to liquidate to a 3rd team the core piece going back to Ottawa, be it Igor or Kreider, but the value isn’t off here. Just don’t see Ottawa not being on the NTC for these guys.

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

I think you’d have to liquidate to a 3rd team the core piece going back to Ottawa, be it Igor or Kreider, but the value isn’t off here. Just don’t see Ottawa not being on the NTC for these guys.

The problem with liquidating is that generally turns into draft picks and I don't think Ottawa is going to trade Tkachuk for picks.  That's a trade they make 3 years up when the no-playoffs streak hits 10 seasons.

12 minutes ago, Br4d said:

The problem with liquidating is that generally turns into draft picks and I don't think Ottawa is going to trade Tkachuk for picks.  That's a trade they make 3 years up when the no-playoffs streak hits 10 seasons.

Yeah, it’s a challenge.

Don't see this one as being anything but summer time fodder. IF Igor were to be traded there, he most likely wouldn't even unpack his bags for the season which would make it totally reckless on the sens part to make a deal centered around Igor. If the thought was a sign and trade I'm sure Igor will have some kind of trade protection to ensure he doesn't get dealt to a place like Ottawa.  Don't see why the Sens would trady Brady unless they got blown away. I don't think we have the moveable pieces to do that, by that I mean players with NMC combined with players we won't give up.

In the end I don't think Igor goes anywhere.

Wonder if Igor would sign with the Leafs. Maybe you could trade him for Marner and flip Marner in the deal to Ottawa.

I just can’t wrap my head around why Ottawa would trade Tkachuk. He’s locked up another 4 years and he’s the Captain. If he didn’t want to be there he shouldn’t have signed a fairly long term deal. I don’t think the NMC kicking in next summer is a motivator to hurrying up and trading him or something.

Trading igor. Goodness you people.

Dude single handedly got us 2 wins from the finals. This team needs 2 to 3 guys on the ice and they win the whole thing. Yall wanna trade the guy in net to just get 1 of those pieces while weakening the other major piece??

Had occasion to take a look at a Flyers site; suspect every US team spare the Panthers and/or their fans is plotting how they might pry Brady Tkachuk out of Ottawa. Don't think Sens will be in a rush,and if they move him at all,gonna be stupid expensive. 

I proposed this trade once… it worked.

Kovalev.

Karpovtsev

Cloutier

1st Round Pick

for

Jagr 

Nedved

I think that was NHL 96. 

My Rangers team went 68-10-4

I honestly don’t know how we lost 10 games. 

We won the Stanley Cup.

See.

It can totally work. 

Edited by RangersIn7
  • LMFAO 1
  • Believe 1

Da hell with Tkachuks. If McJesus wants to leave Edmonton i want Drury to throw all kinds of money and a kitchen sink to bring him here. A mansion in Greenwich, CT and three Lambos with couple of Richard Milles watches under the table. Guy was made for Broadway glory!!  

On 6/20/2024 at 4:03 PM, RangersIn7 said:

I proposed this trade once… it worked.

Kovalev.

Karpovtsev

Cloutier

1st Round Pick

for

Jagr 

Nedved

I think that was NHL 96. 

My Rangers team went 68-10-4

I honestly don’t know how we lost 10 games. 

We won the Stanley Cup.

See.

It can totally work. 

One problem was that the Rangers had just traded Nedved who had a career year in 1995-1996. No way many Ranger players would have wanted him back on the team anytime soon.

Edited by Rangers1994

12 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

Da hell with Tkachuks. If McJesus wants to leave Edmonton i want Drury to throw all kinds of money and a kitchen sink to bring him here. A mansion in Greenwich, CT and three Lambos with couple of Richard Milles watches under the table. Guy was made for Broadway glory!!  

And how many current players do you part ways with do make room for McDavid's $12.5 million per year salary?

1 minute ago, Rangers1994 said:

And how many current players do you part ways with do make room for McDavid's $12.5 million per year salary?

As many as you have too?

2 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Zibanejad, Othmann, Miller and a #1 might work to get McDavid.  

And then how do you balance McDavid's salary with new contracts for Sjhesterkin, Lindgren, Laffy, and Schneider?

11 minutes ago, Rangers1994 said:

9 minutes ago, Br4d said:

As many as you have too?

4 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Zibanejad, Othmann, Miller and a #1 might work to get McDavid.  

1 minute ago, Rangers1994 said:

And then how do you balance McDavid's salary with new contracts for Sjhesterkin, Lindgren, Laffy, and Schneider?

If you’re talking 2 summers from now… I think Eichel is the more likely of the 2 to actually hit Free Agency and be available. 

What happens here in Florida in a couple of nights will have a TREMENDOUS impact on what McDavid does, IMO.

• Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, Rangers1994 said:

Zib and Miller's hits basically equal McDavid's hit.

Laf and Schneider may be here long term but it appears to be iffy on Shesterkin and Lindgren at this point.

24 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Zib and Miller's hits basically equal McDavid's hit.

Laf and Schneider may be here long term but it appears to be iffy on Shesterkin and Lindgren at this point.

Win or lose on Monday, no way the Oilers would trade McDavid.

6 minutes ago, Rangers1994 said:

Win or lose on Monday, no way the Oilers would trade McDavid.

The way the Oilers trade McDavid is that he makes it clear he is not re-signing there.  I don't know why that would happen however it's a situation in which the Oilers would trade him.

This is the same franchise that traded all of their stars after the Cup run in the 80's including the best player ever to play the game.

7 minutes ago, Br4d said:

The way the Oilers trade McDavid is that he makes it clear he is not re-signing there.  I don't know why that would happen however it's a situation in which the Oilers would trade him.

This is the same franchise that traded all of their stars after the Cup run in the 80's including the best player ever to play the game.

Do they have the same ownership?  If not, then they will find a way to keep McDavid.