• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Culture Shock? Brady Tkachuk Has Entered the Chat ...

3 hours ago, Pete said:

McDavid is getting more than what he makes now. Panarin deal is up the same summer as McDavid.

Lose Bread, add McDavid, move Mika to RW. 

Didn’t you call it ridiculous to move Panarin from left wing to right wing, and you’re here moving what would be a 34 year old Mika from center to wing?

5 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Didn’t you call it ridiculous to move Panarin from left wing to right wing, and you’re here moving what would be a 34 year old Mika from center to wing?

Another potential shake up…

Maybe… just this time… the Rangers play into a type of logic that has worked for countless teams in the past…

Ill just play my top center, Mika, with my top winger, Panarin, and I’ll make teams deal with that. 

Break up the damn bromance for goodness sake’s!

At this moment, just based on who is here, disregarding any trades or moves or singing they have yet to make and we can only speculate about what they may do,

Here’s what you know is in your top-9

Zib

Trochek

Chytil

Panarin

Kreider

Lafreniere

Kakko

Thats it. 

Leaving to fill out the 6-7 needed to reach 13/14 roster spots for forwards as follows:

Vesey

Cuylle

Brodzinski 

Rempe

Edstrom

Othmann

That’s 13 forwards.

It’s a good group. But it’s missing something and it’s not in its best deployment, IMHO. 
And there are things they could do to help produce their best deployment.

You need 2 more forwards. 1 of which has to be really good. 
Depending on who you can get, and at what positions, there are many options they can potentially employ, and still not necessarily fully lose options which have worked previously, at least at times. 

19 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Mika played RW before. He started in the NHL as a center.

The move from left wing to right wing is much more dramatic than from center to right wing. 

I'm also suggesting moving him to right-wing so that we can get Conor McDavid. 

You were suggesting moving Panarin because you don't like the way he played on the left and you also thought it would annoy him enough that he would be amenable to a trade. That's the main reason it was a ridiculous suggestion. 

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

The move from left wing to right wing is much more dramatic than from center to right wing. 

You were suggesting moving Panarin because you don't like the way he played on the left and you also thought it would annoy him enough that he would be amenable to a trade. That's the main reason it was a ridiculous suggestion. 

Then who replaces Panarin's spot with Laffy and Trotchek?

Edited by Rangers1994

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

That’s interesting. Meanwhile the org was forcing Lafreniere over to the right half his career and you said it was ridiculous that it could explain why he hadn’t adapted fully yet. If it’s so dramatic, seems like it’s a pretty terrible idea to force a young player into it. Never heard you complain about it. Just about Lafreniere.

And no, I said none of that about Panarin. I believe was the late @The Dude who suggested moving him over to help simplify his game. I agreed he had the talent to do it, and then ran with “Lafreniere could get bigger minutes in his natural position”. I also suggested if not Panarin, then Kreider.

Edited by BrooksBurner

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

That’s interesting. Meanwhile the org was forcing Lafreniere over to the right half his career and you said it was ridiculous that it could explain why he hadn’t adapted fully yet.

You're talking about a 31 year old switching sides, not a 21 year old. I'm sure even you can realize the difference. 

And that's without even getting into the technical part of Panarin's style being predicated on being a right shot off the left wing so the puck is always towards the middle and allows him to cut in on his forehead. 

And you were suggesting moving established players for Lafreniere who stunk. And guess what? Turns out he was much better on the right!

I'm suggesting moving Zib for the best player on the planet. 

And no, I said none of that about Panarin. I believe was the late @The Dude who suggested moving him over to help simplify his game. I agreed he had the talent to do it, and then ran with “Lafreniere could get bigger minutes in his natural position”. I also suggested if not Panarin, then Kreider.

Yeah I definitely think you did say that but I don't really even care. 

A center moving to wing is a much simpler transition. Even Stamkos did it. 

Edited by Pete

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

That’s interesting. Meanwhile the org was forcing Lafreniere over to the right half his career and you said it was ridiculous that it could explain why he hadn’t adapted fully yet.

Any trade for McDavid will not happen.  The Oilers will keep him regardless of what happens tomorrow.

• Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, Rangers1994 said:

Any trade for McDavid will not happen.  The Oilers will keep him regardless of what happens tomorrow.

Who suggested trading for McDavid?

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

You're talking about a 31 year old switching sides, not a 21 year old. I'm sure even you can realize the difference. 

Yeah I definitely think you did say that but I don't really even care. 

A center moving to wing is a much simpler transition. Even Stamkos did it. 

Of course, but I viewed it differently. I viewed it as an experienced player who knows what it takes and should know where everyone should be on the ice. A young player may get frequently out of position, make mistakes, and that can affect their ability to just trust their natural instincts on ice during rough stretches. I assume you are coming at it from a perspective that the old dog has earned his stripes, but that’s where doing what’s best for the team is what a veteran should be able to do.

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Of course, but I viewed it differently. I viewed it as an experienced player who knows what it takes and should know where everyone should be on the ice. A young player may get frequently out of position, make mistakes, and that can affect their ability to just trust their natural instincts on ice during rough stretches. I assume you are coming at it from a perspective that the old dog has earned his stripes, but that’s where doing what’s best for the team is what a veteran should be able to do.

When they found themselves in that situation, they were fucked either way.

Panarin was an MVP candidate. So you don’t want to move him.

Lafreniere was the newly minted 1OVA pick and the top prospect in hockey. So you don’t want to move him.

22 minutes ago, Rangers1994 said:

I just don't think he'll leave the Oilers anytime soon.  The Oilers will renew his contract before he becomes a UFA in 2 years.

That certainly is a possibility.

It's also a possibility he wants to leave. 

Edited by Pete

8 minutes ago, Rangers1994 said:

Based on the fact the Oilers will continue to seriously compete for the Cup. As long as the Oilers are serious contenders,McDavid will stay with them.

OK

4 minutes ago, Blueshirts1926 said:

Your Tkachuk fantasy should be over now that Ottawa has Ullmark

In theory the Sens now have a goalie to send back in an Igor++ for Brady+ deal.

• LMFAO 2