• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 SCF: Panthers vs Oilers

Who wins?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/2024 at 12:21 AM

I don't think I've ever looked forward to a game in which the Rangers were not playing as much as I am looking forward to Monday night.

This league needs to move back its schedule to attract interest in its premier event.  Hockey in late June doesn't cut it for the casual fan.  Every week past Memorial Day means more people on vacation, going away for weekends or just doing things that don't involve being inside watching TV.  

They had six days before the final series and three three day breaks in it.  There were also unnecessarily long breaks between some of the previous rounds.  Cut 10 days of that stuff out and move the start into September so that it ends on Memorial Day.

• Like 3
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, siddious said:

I can’t believe this is going 7 games. 

panthers have really shut down they don’t even look like the same team anymore 

You can't scare or intimidate Connor McDavid and that's blown the Panthers MO this playoff season.

The Panthers have been getting pinned almost the entire series. It would have been Oilers in 5 if not for Bob. He stole game 1 outright and the Oilers have been the better team in 5 out of 6 games. The best defense against the Panthers physical grinding forecheck is to establish your own forecheck and play on the other end of the rink. That’s something the Rangers are not capable of doing. That’s why their analytics suck. It tells that story. Been that way for 3 years.

The Panthers are now frustrated and I think they got overaggressive trying to establish a forecheck in G6 in an attempt to turn the tides. One of the Edmonton goals off the rush was a result of the Panthers having 4 guys at the dots or below in the OZ, they weren’t on top of the puck and they didn’t have puck possession. The Oil easily reversed it up the boards for a 2 on 1 the other way and a goal.

The Panthers still have a chance to steal this Cup back. They need one game, and all they need are a couple bounces or calls.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Keeps it 100 2

So to put it simply the Oilers have turned the Panthers into the Rangers and that's how they're dominating?

Panthers win 3 games at the start of the series that probably should have gone the other way and since then nothing they're doing is working.

• Keeps it 100 1

I'm excited.....C'mon McDusty!!!! Make this your story!!! What an awesome series and post season. We got to watch our guys into June and then a game 7 SCF. WOW. 2023/2024 was an awesome season for hockey. Can't wait to see how this plays out tomorrow. Tkachuk or McDavid will be the heros.

Looking forward to this one.  Last hockey game of the season, contrast in play styles, the best player in the world.

It's like the Planet of the Apes Opera, "It has everything!!!"

1 minute ago, Blue Heaven said:

I’ve watched most of the last 2 games, and Draisatl hasn’t done squat, break out game for him tonight. 
Let’s Go Oil! 

That guy is so decimated by injuries, he's definitely scoring six goals tonight. And then we'll talk about the one that went in off of his dick as he heads into surgery for a ruptured testicle. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

That guy is so decimated by injuries, he's definitely scoring six goals tonight. And then we'll talk about the one that went in off of his dick as he heads into surgery for a ruptured testicle. 

Ouch.