• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Matt Rempe Ready to Get to Work Becoming More Complete Rangers Threat

“I want to bring more to the table,” Rempe said Tuesday at Rangers breakup day, his right eye swollen from an infection. “I want to be a guy who can play 8 to 12 minutes every single night.

“I want to be real good defensively. I eventually want to be a penalty-killer, but I gotta earn all these things. I want to work on my skating, work on my skill set, making plays with the puck, passing, every part of my game. I also want to work on the fighting — I want to be a guy, I really enjoy that part of the game. I want to continue to work on that and then get stronger, growing into my body, more mobility, everything. I got a lot of work to do.”

“I want to earn it,” he said. “I just want to be better every day. I want to show the steps I’ll take and maybe next year, earn it more.”

https://nypost.com/2024/06/04/sports/matt-rempe-ready-to-becoming-more-complete-rangers-threat/

--

let-s-go-mad-muscle-dwayne-johnson-lauh1

If this kid can just work on his balance, if nothing else, look the fuck out. He's going to be an absolute menace. Edstrom/X/Rempe or Edstrom/Rempe/X fourth line is going to be so fucking fun to watch.

• Like 1
  • Believe 1

39 minutes ago, Phil said:

https://nypost.com/2024/06/04/sports/matt-rempe-ready-to-becoming-more-complete-rangers-threat/

--

let-s-go-mad-muscle-dwayne-johnson-lauh1

If this kid can just work on his balance, if nothing else, look the fuck out. He's going to be an absolute menace. Edstrom/X/Rempe or Edstrom/Rempe/X fourth line is going to be so fucking fun to watch.

Lock him in a rink with Barb Underhill(or whoever it was that made Brian Boyle and NHL quality skater) and tell him he is not allowed to come out until mission accomplished.

• Cheers 1

This isn’t like a Colton Orr (no offense, love that guy) where there is no game to his game, so to speak. Rempe doesn’t look out of place out there. He can skate, he has reach. I see no reason why a summer of training can’t help him achieve his goal next year of being someone that can be relied upon for 8-12 minutes a night. He’s not trying to fool himself; he knows his role. He’s modest about it. Keep it short and simple. I think I expect him to be reliable and to continue to learn his role.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

He’s capable. For all the fighting and hitting I didn’t think he was awful on the forecheck and for a big man he skated a lot better than I imagined he would.

lots of room For improvement and I’m excited to see it 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, siddious said:

He’s capable. For all the fighting and hitting I didn’t think he was awful on the forecheck and for a big man he skated a lot better than I imagined he would.

lots of room For improvement and I’m excited to see it 

So young and has the tools to be everything we wanted. He was like the $20 bill you find in the dryer. Totally unexpected but really happy you found it. Then you buy a scratch off with the $20. Here's to hoping it wins big!!!!

• Applause 2

16 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I love this kid!

Fuck the league...Old time hockey is alive and well!  LOL

Judging by the number of times he got kicked out of games it absolutely isn't. 

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Judging by the number of times he got kicked out of games it absolutely isn't. 

Let the old man have one day of fantasy!  LOL

• LMFAO 2

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

So young and has the tools to be everything we wanted. He was like the $20 bill you find in the dryer. Totally unexpected but really happy you found it. Then you buy a scratch off with the $20. Here's to hoping it wins big!!!!

You guys are finding $20 bills? My dryer just keeps on breaking 

• LMFAO 1

37 minutes ago, siddious said:

You guys are finding $20 bills? My dryer just keeps on breaking 

Once I stopped forgetting I had stashed beer cans in my pockets, my machine stopped breaking.

18 minutes ago, Valriera said:

He’s a rookie who played half a season and captured the attention of the whole world. I love that he wants to be a good player but it’s all downhill from here holmes 

I don't see how. It's not as if he was a Prucha (sorry @Phil ) that overachieved only to kinda come back down to earth.  He was a big body that took the body. Is he going to forget how to do that at 22 years old? He's just talking about trying to add more than just that. He still has exactly what made us all love him unless the NHL has it's way and neuters him. That's really the only true fear. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Valriera said:

He’s a rookie who played half a season and captured the attention of the whole world. I love that he wants to be a good player but it’s all downhill from here holmes 

Nah. He’s going to skate better. The Boyle example above is so true. Give this guy a pro skate coach and watch the improvement. Plus he does have some hockey skills. It’s be great to be able to see more of him on a 4th line checking role. ..who can pot the occasional playoff goal or two. 

Edited by 4EverRangerFrank

I think when you look at players like Rempe, what's between the ears matters a lot. He's got a really good head on his shoulders. He works hard. He wants to be better.

Those types of players are not usually denied. And that's just who he is - got cut by the Thunderbirds, worked his ass off, made the team next year - and not only made it, but became integral to their success. Same deal with the Pack. Same deal with the big club.

I'd bet on him opening eyes in camp next season.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Believe 1

3 hours ago, Valriera said:

I tend to agree. I don’t really see him sticking around in the NHL for too long. 

7 hours ago, Mistercosmic said:

Can't wait to see the Great Wall Fourth Line together on the ice in MSG (Rempbeast, Edström, Roobroeck). 

I’ve been corrected on this in the past so I’m doing it to you hu Roobreck might have offensive talents that put him above the 4th line 

Sure maybe he will be a decent fourth liner. If he can contribute to the team I’m happy. I’d love to see the twin towers as a mainstay fourth line like the islanders had for all those years with clutterbuck and Martin. 

The whole city chanted his name for four months, it is not going to get better than that for him is my point