• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Free Agent Target: Patrick Kane; Update: Re-Signs with Red Wings

4 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

I appreciate the compliment, but I’m only into Trans these days.

But I digest…

I like both players a lot. They have their value and their virtues.

Im not taking anything away from either of them.

And they’re both accomplished players with skill sets that are very good and important.

But yo… what’s the fucking stop on just putting your best C with your best W?

Its worked countless times with countless players on countless teams at every level for FUCKING DECADES!

There’s enough elsewhere amongst the F group especially with Trochek and the emergence of Laf to where you’re not putting all your eggs in 1 basket.

Im sorry… but you have to.

They don’t do enough consistently at ES.

They aren’t plus enough vs other top lines that have high-end C’s and W’s on them.

Mika has to do too much. Lugging the puck. Creating space. Making plays. And he’s caught up looking for CK too often.

CK doesn’t engage physically often enough. Is not a consistent factor on the forecheck. Does not drive to the net. Does not use his speed often enough. Does not shoot the puck. Doesn’t carry the puck much, if at all.

This pairing has its place. But at this point , for me, right now, that place should be at the back of a seldom opened closet. 

I feel like at exits Zib was in a hostage video when they asked him what they needed from a right wing..."someone to pass me the puck"... He's just not getting what he needs from either wing to be successful. 

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

I feel like at exits Zib was in a hostage video when they asked him what they needed from a right wing..."someone to pass me the puck"... He's just not getting what he needs from either wing to be successful. 

He needs to split those duties with another high-end offensive player..

He’s gotten what he’s gotten from

Kreider. And nothing from the RW really since Buch left.

He needs help there.

You can’t just point to CK and be like.., oh, he’s got that! He plays with a guy who scored 35-50 each of the last 3 seasons!

Not the case.

Needs someone who can carry the puck, create, and do things offensively. 

• Bullseye 1

14 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

He needs to split those duties with another high-end offensive player..

He’s gotten what he’s gotten from

Kreider. And nothing from the RW really since Buch left.

He needs help there.

You can’t just point to CK and be like.., oh, he’s got that! He plays with a guy who scored 35-50 each of the last 3 seasons!

Not the case.

Needs someone who can carry the puck, create, and do things offensively. 

He needs a linemate who can contribute, Not even carry the line, and be good at things other than knocking pucks out of the air. 

59 minutes ago, Pete said:

Mika called himself a shooter, and needed a passer at RW, which is funny, because he passes up glorious scoring chances that he does get because he ends up passing instead of taking the shot.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, deejaid said:

Mika called himself a shooter, and needed a passer at RW, which is funny, because he passes up glorious scoring chances that he does get because he ends up passing instead of taking the shot.

Maybe he feels after lugging the puck from behind his own net all the way through the opposition's blue line, he's obligated to pass.

32 minutes ago, Scott said:

There's that and he's become married to the back scratcher slap shot from a bad angle that couldn't be more telegraphed if he wanted them to be.

Rando non sequitur...? 

Edited by Pete

2 hours ago, Pete said:

He needs a linemate who can contribute, Not even carry the line, and be good at things other than knocking pucks out of the air. 

He needs someone there who can do something meaningful offensively to take the pressure off and produce.

Kreider draws a body, but he doesn’t actually create much… no puck movement. No shot attempts. No time or space. No getting the D moving. No forecheck. Doesn’t win puck battles. 

There are many ways someone there could help. 

50 minutes ago, Pete said:

Rando non sequitur...? 

Nope. in responce to:

2 hours ago, deejaid said:

1 hour ago, Scott said:

There's that and he's become married to the back scratcher slap shot from a bad angle that couldn't be more telegraphed if he wanted them to be.

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I'm drunk on reality. You're drunk on building a fantasy hockey lineup.

Yes, the one that unites Pastrnak and Panarin on Team Olive Garden.

Go sleep off your sadness. It's just sports. 

Edited by Pete

"How do you watch a team in desperate need of a right wing who can score in the playoffs and think... They should sign a point per game right wing who's also point per game in the playoffs?" 

Edited by Pete