• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Free Agent Target: Patrick Kane; Update: Re-Signs with Red Wings

7 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

3 hours ago, Mdk154 said:

Find it hard to believe Kane would stay in Detroit. His window to winning is closing soon and Detroit is still a few yrs away. 

Unless it’s a boat load of money, or he loves what they’ve got going there, he’s not staying.

44 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Trouba waiving his clause shouldn’t effect Kane. We can afford Kane regardless. Just boils down to years and where he ultimately wants to be.

I can’t imagine it being anywhere but here or Detroit.

There's a 10% cap cushion, they have all summer to get compliant by working out a deal to move Trouba to one of the teams on his list. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

There's a 10% cap cushion, they have all summer to get compliant by working out a deal to move Trouba to one of the teams on his list. 

Yep.

And honestly, we’re at the point of no return here. You can’t let it get as public as it has and have it not happen. Especially with your Captain.

If, like Brooks said, he gives the Rangers fits on completing this trade, then the Rangers may need to bite the bullet and waive him.

But given that it’s Detroit, and home, hopefully he doesn’t give that much issue. I’m sure there is a lot of bad blood. But, oh well. Business.

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Yep.

And honestly, we’re at the point of no return here. You can’t let it get as public as it has and have it not happen. Especially with your Captain.

If, like Brooks said, he gives the Rangers fits on completing this trade, then the Rangers may need to bite the bullet and waive him.

But given that it’s Detroit, and home, hopefully he doesn’t give that much issue. I’m sure there is a lot of bad blood. But, oh well. Business.

If players know they aren't wanted, they'll waive it, even if they're pissed about it. It's just Drury finding another way to dump a bad contract. I'm sure Goodrow is pissed off about that whole thing, but that's how it goes.

7 hours ago, Mdk154 said:

Find it hard to believe Kane would stay in Detroit. His window to winning is closing soon and Detroit is still a few yrs away. 

He’s a 3 time Stanley Cup champion. He’s got nothing to prove. I dont think he cares as much about winning as getting paid and being comfortable. 

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

If players know they aren't wanted, they'll waive it, even if they're pissed about it. It's just Drury finding another way to dump a bad contract. I'm sure Goodrow is pissed off about that whole thing, but that's how it goes.

Or maybe he loves San Jose? 

11 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

He’s a 3 time Stanley Cup champion. He’s got nothing to prove. I dont think he cares as much about winning as getting paid and being comfortable. 

I was thinking the same. Detroit is a great hockey market, original six team, an up and coming team and DeBrincat is there. It makes a lot of sense.

• Veteran agent Pat Brisson could be seen Saturday at Sphere meeting with Red Wings GM Steve Yzerman regarding pending UFA Patrick Kane.

“We’re still talking to Detroit,” Brisson said. “The intention is to try and work something out.”

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5604428/2024/06/29/nhl-draft-trades-free-agency-rumblings?source=user-shared-article

Doesn't seem as much of a lock anymore. 

I'm thinking not. It definitely seems like players want term now. In that regard, Detroit can afford to accommodate Kane more there than the Rangers can. If that is important to him, then the pendulum swings in the Red Wings' favor.

2 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Are the Rangers looking to give anybody outside any term at all given the people we need to negotiate with after the season?

According to what we heard at the draft, no. Reports where that Drury is not interested in term. 

I don’t know where the Rangers look to at RW if this does happen. One would have to imagine Stamkos gets a look. But he will have interest. Rangers are going to be in an interesting situation tomorrow. Kane, financially, was our best bang-for-buck candidate on a short-term deal. Sounding like he may come off the board before the bell even rings.

Edited by RichieNextel305

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I don’t know where the Rangers look to at RW if this does happen. One would have to imagine Stamkos gets a look. But he will have interest. Rangers are going to be in an interesting situation tomorrow. Kane, financially, was our best bang-for-buck candidate on a short-term deal. Sounding like he may come off the board before the bell even rings.

If they miss out on Kane and Stamkos, I would love to know what their plan is. No, it's not fucking Kakko. lol