• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Free Agent Target: Patrick Kane; Update: Re-Signs with Red Wings

10 minutes ago, torontonyr said:

I have no clue what we're doing 

Yep.

For a team that seems reliant on signing to a short term deal, Kane represented likely our best bang-for-buck option on a short term deal. And he went for 1-year. So for those of you acting like this isn’t a loss, I think you’re wrong. If Kane was willing to do a 1-year deal, it’d have been a no-brainer for the Rangers tomorrow.

Not sure any options tomorrow will be willing to do that.

Drurys job just got a little tougher.

Edited by RichieNextel305

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

Yep.

For a team that seems reliant on signing to a short term deal, Kane represented likely our best bang-for-buck option on a short term deal. And he went for 1-year. So for those of you acting like this isn’t a loss, I think you’re wrong. If Kane was willing to do a 1-year deal, it’d have been a no-brainer for the Rangers tomorrow.

The problem with signing Kane would be that Kane would just give the Rangers what they already have - balanced scoring.  What they must do is upgrade the speed, defense, and physicality.

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Yep.

For a team that seems reliant on signing to a short term deal, Kane represented likely our best bang-for-buck option on a short term deal. And he went for 1-year. So for those of you acting like this isn’t a loss, I think you’re wrong.

If Kane was willing to do a 1-year deal, it’d have been a no-brainer for the Rangers tomorrow.

I don't understand people not wanting a point per game player here, who in turn could elevate Zibanejad's game. He's already shown he is healthy and can play.

• Bullseye 2

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I don't understand people not wanting a point per game player here, who in turn could elevate Zibanejad's game. He's already shown he is healthy and can play.

❌ Mobile
❌ Agile

❌ Hostile

• Bullseye 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Maybe not hostile, but I think he checked the other two boxes. For one year, not the worst thing. Drury better have a good plan in place.

OK, then Bigger, Faster, Harder. But I only speak for myself.

• JIMMY! 1

Size doesn't mean shit if you have no skill. I think Drury should know that more than anybody. The Rangers lost because they couldn't get the puck out of the zone. Kane isn't lighting fast anymore, but he isn't slow.

Again, I have to see where they go from here before I criticize further, because this wasn't a bad option for one year. I thought he wanted more.

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Good thing I want size and skill together, then.

I think you’re chasing a white whale. The players you keep advocating for are either not available or out of price range.

Best bet is getting a few players with all the different traits you’re describing to fill in the roster.

For one year? Kane would have been fine here. Dare I say close to exactly what would be needed.

Short term. Skilled. Passer.

Gotta see what tomorrow brings.

Edited by RichieNextel305

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Size doesn't mean shit if you have no skill. I think Drury should know that more than anybody. The Rangers lost because they couldn't get the puck out of the zone. Kane isn't lighting fast anymore, but he isn't slow.

Again, I have to see where they go from here before I criticize further, because this wasn't a bad option for one year. I thought he wanted more.

Counter: it’s actually because they couldn’t establish a forecheck and keep the puck at the other end of the rink. It’s quite easy to get pinned in the DZ when they’re always having to play on their heels.

• Bullseye 1

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I think you’re chasing a white whale. The players you keep advocating for are either not available or out of price range.

Best bet is getting a few players with all the different traits you’re describing to fill in the roster.

For one year? Kane would have been fine here. Dare I say close to exactly what would be needed.

Short term. Skilled. Passer.

Gotta see what tomorrow brings.

No one's available until they're available, and I want what I want.

Just now, Phil said:

No one's available until they're available, and I want what I want.

All well and good. But what you want is a player that sounds like he’s out of our price range.

I doubt a young, big, physical, goal scoring RW’er is gonna be available this summer looking for a short-term deal at a low dollar amount.

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

All well and good. But what you want is a player that sounds like he’s out of our price range.

I doubt a young, big, physical, goal scoring RW’er is gonna be available this summer looking for a short-term deal at a low dollar amount.

Big, physical, can score some goals. I don't need Eric Lindros. I don't need young. I just want a new dynamic. I don't care how it arrives — free agency, trade, whatever. And again, I want what I want. I don't care how realistic it is.

Wanted Jeannot. Want Tuch. Want Hartman. Want anything in this mold.

4 minutes ago, Br4d said:

The Panarin to Detroit Dream lives on if only for a day or two!

Panarin and a retained Trouba to Detroit about to go down. Big dick move coming from Drury to remove the cruft from the last regime.

• Believe 1

6 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Counter: it’s actually because they couldn’t establish a forecheck and keep the puck at the other end of the rink. It’s quite easy to get pinned in the DZ when they’re always having to play on their heels.

That's why they got Wennberg.  I'm glad that worked out. 🙄

Kane still would've been a huge help. Again, if the Rangers aren't going super long with anyone, I have no clue who they can bring in.