• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Free Agent Target: Patrick Kane; Update: Re-Signs with Red Wings

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

I agree in general. Sports means less the older you get. Everyone starts to look younger and younger. It’s also easier to hold a variety of opinions without it affecting enjoyment, entertainment, or wanting to see the team win.

With that said, you were just here like 10 days ago trying to take a shit on a group of posters directly after the game 3 OT win. Instead of celebrating, you were on here trying to rub noses in the dirt as if there were people unhappy about a huge win. The team got obliterated after that, and now you’re in here with these posts about “I just want to be entertained on random nights in November and December”. I don’t buy it.

The biggest difference between younger fans and older is who they root for.

Younger fans root for the players and older fans root for the laundry.

The only Rangers I am really attached to at this point are Laf, Igor and Fox and I would trade the latter two in a heartbeat if it solved some of the Ranger's problems.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Br4d said:

The only Rangers I am really attached to at this point are Laf, Igor and Fox and I would trade the latter two in a heartbeat if it solved some of the Ranger's problems.

Don't look now, but you're rooting for players not the laundry. 

48 minutes ago, Pete said:

Don't look now, but you're rooting for players not the laundry. 

What I just said was the epitome of rooting for the laundry.  I would trade 2 of my 3 favorite Rangers if it would help the team win a Cup.

The only reason I didn't include Laf in the tradeable category is that I do not think the Rangers could get a return that would help them win a Cup by trading him.  After the playoff run he just had he is clearly the Ranger's most valuable property at this point and the one we are most likely to be talking about next year, 2 years up and maybe up until a decade from now.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

17 minutes ago, Br4d said:

What I just said was the epitome of rooting for the laundry.  I would trade 2 of my 3 favorite Rangers if it would help the team win a Cup.

The only reason I didn't include Laf in the tradeable category is that I do not think the Rangers could get a return that would help them win a Cup by trading him.  After the playoff run he just had he is clearly the Ranger's most valuable property at this point and the one we are most likely to be talking about next year, 2 years up and maybe up until a decade from now.

100%.

Fox is probably my favorite Ranger, but I would also support trading him if it made the team better for the next decade. Tough to sell that right now when Schneider is the only good RD behind him and there’s nothing in the pipeline. Also, Norris level defensemen in their mid 20s are just tough to let go of in general.

• Keeps it 100 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Br4d said:

Shesterkin is the most valuable piece of Ranger property today.

You are severely overrating Lafreniere playoff run, But he set the bar low for so many years that I can understand the thinking. 

He's on his way there. Let's stop acting like he's arrived. 

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

100%.

Fox is probably my favorite Ranger, but I would also support trading him if it made the team better for the next decade. Tough to sell that right now when Schneider is the only good RD behind him and there’s nothing in the pipeline. Also, Norris level defensemen in their mid 20s are just tough to let go of in general.

Hold up hold up hold up, let me get this straight... Your big problem with Panarin is that he makes a lot against the cap and is "soft", doesn't produce in the playoffs...

But your favorite player is Fox... Kind of crazy he doesn't escape the same criticism in your mind.

• LMFAO 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pete said:

Hold up hold up hold up, let me get this straight... Your big problem with Panarin is that he makes a lot against the cap and is "soft", doesn't produce in the playoffs...

But your favorite player is Fox... Kind of crazy he doesn't escape the same criticism in your mind.

Panarin doesn’t produce nearly enough in the playoffs. It’s that simple. It has nothing to do with the type of player he is. Plenty of finesse players can still produce normally in the playoffs. He can’t. Not enough of the right tricks in the bag to remain relevant this time of year.

Fox is 26. No matter what anyone thinks of his performance so far, he has plenty of room to grow and learn, and at the age you’re afforded time and leash to get better. This year was a little hard to make a judgement given the injury. Panarin is headed into his age 33 season and a finished product. He is what he is and it’s not good enough. Time to move on.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Agreed; Same players, different position. I'm not an Adam Fox fan but I do appreciate what he brings to the table. Bread on the other hand, I like a bit more and maybe it has to do with his change in demeanor and emotional response to things.

3 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Panarin doesn’t produce nearly enough in the playoffs. It’s that simple. It has nothing to do with the type of player he is. Plenty of finesse players can still produce normally in the playoffs. He can’t. Not enough of the right tricks in the bag to remain relevant this time of year.

Fox is 26. No matter what anyone thinks of his performance so far, he has plenty of room to grow and learn, and at the age you’re afforded time and leash to get better. This year was a little hard to make a judgement given the injury. Panarin is headed into his age 33 season and a finished product. He is what he is and it’s not good enough.

Fair enough.  

Time to move on.

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

6 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Fox is 26. No matter what anyone thinks of his performance so far, he has plenty of room to grow and learn, and at the age you’re afforded time and leash to get better. This year was a little hard to make a judgement given the injury. Panarin is headed into his age 33 season and a finished product. He is what he is and it’s not good enough. Time to move on.

Fox played on 1 leg for the entirety of their last 2 playoff series. 

It’s possible we are looking at a different result if he’s healthy.

Say what you want about the stats and Florida’s physical play and how they dominated and all of that… a healthy Fox could well have made a difference.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree that Panarin being the player he is playing the style he plays isn’t conducive to success against teams like Florida. 

But you still need to get there. And his presence in the playoffs led to a lot for Trochek and LaFreniere. 

It’s a hard spot they are in. 

Gotta augment the roster, make a change or two and keep trying.

Dont lose faith.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Remember boys…

Part of winning a Cup is about who you have to go through to do it… and what circumstances you are facing when you have to do it.

They got the worst draw they could have gotten.

Florida was literally the only team they could have faced that could have beaten them.

1 more goal at the right time… and it’s maybe quite different.

No interest whatsoever. Team needs to get bigger and faster without sacrificing too heavily on skill. Kane answers literally neither of these critical factors. In fact, he gives you the exact opposite: stay small and slow, while also getting older.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, RangersIn7 said:

Fox played on 1 leg for the entirety of their last 2 playoff series. 

It’s possible we are looking at a different result if he’s healthy.

Say what you want about the stats and Florida’s physical play and how they dominated and all of that… a healthy Fox could well have made a difference.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree that Panarin being the player he is playing the style he plays isn’t conducive to success against teams like Florida. 

But you still need to get there. And his presence in the playoffs led to a lot for Trochek and LaFreniere. 

It’s a hard spot they are in. 

Gotta augment the roster, make a change or two and keep trying.

Dont lose faith.

I don’t think it’s a hard spot. They have players who they can move to start turning the page over. A couple they need approval. A few they don’t. The sooner they pull the plug the better off they’ll be by next summer.

Plan A should be Drury poking around the two players who require approval first. If there’s no realistic movement there, you go to plan B and trade the ones who don’t.

It’s hard to keep faith that Drury can make the right move here, but I’m still here! Don’t worry 🙂

• Bullseye 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

No interest whatsoever. Team needs to get bigger and faster without sacrificing too heavily on skill. Kane answers literally neither of these critical factors. In fact, he gives you the exact opposite: stay small and slow, while also getting older.

Exactly, he doesn’t solve the problem, he adds to it.

25 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I don’t think it’s a hard spot. They have players who they can move to start turning the page over. A couple they need approval. A few they don’t. The sooner they pull the plug the better off they’ll be by next summer.

Plan A should be Drury poking around the two players who require approval first. If there’s no realistic movement there, you go to plan B and trade the ones who don’t.

It’s hard to keep faith that Drury can make the right move here, but I’m still here! Don’t worry 🙂

Getting that approval to move those players is an exceedingly difficult task.

Pay that aspect the heed it deserves and don’t lose site of it.

How would you like it if I asked you if you wanted to move to Utah or Kansas or Oklahoma or some other place you don’t want to live with no real benefit to you for the next couple of years?

It sucks. You likely wouldn’t want to.

11 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Getting that approval to move those players is an exceedingly difficult task.

Pay that aspect the heed it deserves and don’t lose site of it.

How would you like it if I asked you if you wanted to move to Utah or Kansas or Oklahoma or some other place you don’t want to live with no real benefit to you for the next couple of years?

It sucks. You likely wouldn’t want to.

Far worse happens to middle and lower class workers every single day than being asked if they’d be open to earning millions of dollars in a different city.

No, I’m not being apathetic to the fact these guys are also humans, but you go the way of a pro athlete you already know there’s a business side to it. They willingly sign up for it. Nobody cared that the previous core were humans and perhaps didn’t want to leave NY. Nobody cared that Panarin/Igor’s buddy Buch was human and maybe didn’t want to leave.

5 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Far worse happens to middle and lower class workers every single day than being asked if they’d be open to earning millions of dollars in a different city.

No, I’m not being apathetic to the fact these guys are also humans, but you go the way of a pro athlete you already know there’s a business side to it. They willingly sign up for it. Nobody cared that the previous core were humans and perhaps didn’t want to leave NY. Nobody cared that Panarin/Igor’s buddy Buch was human and maybe didn’t want to leave.

Those guys didn't have trade protection. These guys do.

I get asking them to waive it. At the end of the day that's all you can do. Some of the other stuff that gets thrown out there like taking guys off the power play or putting them on the fourth line or trading Kreider and hoping that will be an impetus for Mika to waive... That's just all silly. That's not how professionals interact. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

If he was willing to come in on the cheap and right what he considers a wrong, I’d be all ears. I do think he’d take less to come here. Big city, chance to win, team he wants to play for.

....good retirement benefits, excellent subway system, close to Six Flags

• LOL 1

This is a guy I wouldn't mind at all.  Kane can still play another season for sure.  I like getting more dirty ice players, along with a guy like Kane.  I think we need a good mix like that  I also think Kane isn't a guy who will shy away from tougher play in the playoffs.

If he comes cheap, I'm good with it!

Fucking loved Kaner whan he was here.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Keeps it 100 1