• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sharks Claim Barclay Goodrow on Waivers

39 minutes ago, phillyb said:

I feel like his stint in SJ is the biggest reason he was brought to NY - playoff performer and he at least he lived up to that. He didn’t score an OT winner, but he scored more goals in 16 post season games than he did in 80 regular season games. 

He was brought here b/c of his time with TB

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Overall he was good here. I have no complaints, really. I just think it's time to move on, his contract making it more evident. His leadership will be missed, but his game can be replaced with probably someone better for a more reasonable price.

14 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

On the plus side, if Drury has the balls to unceremoniously kick Goodrow to the curb, then he’s got the balls to ask NMC players about being traded.

Open mind; got the draft, buyouts, free agency, trades all over the next months plus. Looks like a GM that is not planning on running it all back. And that is positive. He's been here long enough to know that wasting the career of another HoF goalie would be criminal. 

Edited by Bugg
  • Like 2
  • Believe 2

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Open mind; got the draft, buyouts, free agency, trades all over the next months plus. Looks like a GM that is not planning on running it all back. And that is positive. He's been here long enough to know that wasting the career of another HoF goalie would be criminal. 

Agreed, but I'm a little leery as to what he's going to do here. 

It feels odd to clear this space right now. This move could have waited for a few more days if it were fully planned unless there's good reason to - which means there's probably good reason to. And much as I hate to say it - look, we could have run back a VERY good team with the cap space we had. Drury ain't sitting on his hands here, so....

Who's the target? Who are we clearing this room for? 

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

But lets be realistic, Goodrow is a fourth line player.  it's not like Drury is waiving Zibby here

1 minute ago, Albatrosss said:

But lets be realistic, Goodrow is a fourth line player.  it's not like Drury is waiving Zibby here

He's a guy who wears an A, makes a lot of money, and carries a lot of respect in that room. Even though he's a clear bottom 6er, I think the message is clear enough. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LindG1000 said:

He's a guy who wears an A, makes a lot of money, and carries a lot of respect in that room. Even though he's a clear bottom 6er, I think the message is clear enough. 

yeah, the message is very clear:  You're a 4th line player who scored 4 goals and were -13 in the regular season making $3.6M per season.  You are OUT OF HERE!!!

• LMFAO 1

19 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I think it also means Trouba is going nowhere. Hard to see Drury getting rid of both hard nosed leaders in the locker room, no matter how overpaid everyone thinks they are.

7 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

so the first move we make to top this past season is kick a guy to the curb without whom we might've got knocked out in round 2

no worries, we'll get knocked out in round 1 next playoffs.  

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

I think it also means Trouba is going nowhere. Hard to see Drury getting rid of both hard nosed leaders in the locker room, no matter how overpaid everyone thinks they are.

It could. There's a lot of hard-nosed guys available in UFA, especially in the Trouba role. I think the only things truly off the table are the "no way we can move these deals" (Zibanejad, Fox, probably Panarin, Trocheck), and Laf/Miller/Shesterkin.

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

yeah, i dont see it either.  Trouba was playing hurt.  It was obvious his timing was off and he looked terrible.  But this guy will be taking heads off next season.  

• Applause 1

• Phil changed the title to Sharks Claim Barclay Goodrow on Waivers
17 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

If true, that’s a cutthroat move by Drury to force Goodrow to go somewhere he put on his NTC list. Nobody is safe

Yep.  I would think a few people just got nervous and might be listening to proposals to send them someplace they'd like to go instead of just whomever picks them up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

who you calling a leader?! He is more than that, a helmet launcher!