• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-sign Kaapo Kakko to 1-year/$2.4m Extension

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

This is the "show-me" deal I expected for the kid. 

Well....it's now or never for Kakko.  I think he's going to respond in a big way this coming season.  I know progress is certainly not linear, but last season was a big step backward for Kakko.

I am really looking for this kid to make good on what he can be.  I hope he works his fucking ass off this off season, to be what a lot of us expected him to be.  I've been on the Kakko wagon since day 1, and even I know that this is the last chance saloon for him here.

Come on, Kid!!  Show us something big this coming year!  Make us eat shit like Laffy did!  That was beautiful!!!

Who is going to be Kakko's Panarin?

2 hours ago, Phil said:

...everything you just wrote was said, to varying degrees, about his last deal.

Yeah he should of come out guns blazing with his ass on fire after being scratched in the last playoff game by Gallant, he told us he understood the mission and was going to work harder etc. Yet again he again he found himself being a healthy scratch by our real coach this year in game 2 against FL. I'm sure he was in the mix to be scratched in the last game as well, but I digress.

Again not the biggest problem by far but part of the problem imo. 

• Keeps it 100 1

12 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Chytil

That player is not good enough to have the effect needed.

You know who could be Kakko's Panarin?

Brady Tkachuk.  Not because he'll feed him for a bunch of goals but because he will drag him into the fight and he'll back him up if worst comes to worst.

Kakko is in need of a gang leader to bring out the best in him.

2 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Brady Tkachuk.  Not because he'll feed him for a bunch of goals but because he will drag him into the fight and he'll back him up if worst comes to worst.

Sorry I was being mostly facetious. Last time Kakko looked any good was next to Chytil though 

I keep seeing this drag into the fight theory but I dunno. I’m not sure you can drag guys like Zib and Kakko into the fight. They’re soft. Maybe Kreider you can.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

Sorry I was being mostly facetious. Last time Kakko looked any good was next to Chytil though 

I keep seeing this drag into the fight theory but I dunno. I’m not sure you can drag guys like Zib and Kakko into the fight. They’re soft. Maybe Kreider you can.

Kakko played a lot closer to the net when he was with Cuylle last season.

BTW, side note here, I think Cuylle didn't benefit from the Rempe phenomenon as much as some of the other players.  He was really sharp about responding when somebody got totaled before Rempe arrived and not as noticeable in that role afterwards.

• Bullseye 1

56 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Kakko played a lot closer to the net when he was with Cuylle last season.

BTW, side note here, I think Cuylle didn't benefit from the Rempe phenomenon as much as some of the other players.  He was really sharp about responding when somebody got totaled before Rempe arrived and not as noticeable in that role afterwards.

And no one cares about Edstrom size either. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

And no one cares about Edstrom size either. 

Edstrom just needs to play bumper cars with his mark and we're good.

Doesn't need to come in with the elbows high.  Doesn't need to launch himself.

All he needs to do is put his body on the other guy and play perfectly clean aside from that.

5 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Edstrom just needs to play bumper cars with his mark and we're good.

Doesn't need to come in with the elbows high.  Doesn't need to launch himself.

All he needs to do is put his body on the other guy and play perfectly clean aside from that.

Yea, I don't disagree. 

Just commenting on the level of attention Rempe draws. 

36 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yea, I don't disagree. 

Just commenting on the level of attention Rempe draws. 

Rempe is a goon with some skills and I say that with affection.

Edstrom is just a big guy not adverse to contact.

Both have their role on this roster.

On 6/14/2024 at 6:00 PM, Br4d said:

What assets for Brady Tkachuk?

Now a few weeks removed from the painful result of the ECF, it's apparent that the Rangers were probably the second best team in the NHL this year. That's not bad. I feel we would have beat Edmonton if we had made it past Florida. So what changes do you make to the second best team in the league? Running it back with most of the same roster probably gives you a good chance of making it to the ECF again....after that, its a crap shoot. 

• Like 1

If the Rangers had gotten past Florida, I'm not so sure they would have had enough in the tank to beat Edmonton. Florida beat the crap out of them all series. If the Rangers came out of that in a brutal seven games, I don't think they'd have anything left. Not to mention the severely injured and banged up defense. I could be wrong. Definitely a more fresh Rangers team, I'd have given them a great shot to beat the Oilers.

Edited by Sharpshooter

8 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

As far as i'm concerned the rangers were the best team in the league. Florida got lucky bunch of our top players were injured.  

A bunch? Since when is one player "a bunch?" This list is Adam Fox long. That's it.

I disagree with both of you. There's no denying that the injuries to Trouba and Lindgren reduced them down to basically AHL level effectiveness. Especially Trouba. But the Rangers were going to get caved 5v5 even if they were healthy, because they were a mediocre 5v5 team all season.

• Keeps it 100 1

Trouba is no longer one of their "stars" even if he's paid like one. Not to mention he was healthy in the playoffs. The ankle injury occurred in the regular season. He said himself he was back to health by the time the playoffs rolled around.

Lindgren had a cracked rib. Big whoop. He probably played with it all year. That guy is Girardi 2.0. He's never healthy. LOL.

43 minutes ago, Phil said:

Trouba is no longer one of their "stars" even if he's paid like one. Not to mention he was healthy in the playoffs. The ankle injury occurred in the regular season. He said himself he was back to health by the time the playoffs rolled around.

Lindgren had a cracked rib. Big whoop. He probably played with it all year. That guy is Girardi 2.0. He's never healthy. LOL.

you trippin', dawg!  

"top players", not "stars".  

but if you think their injuries didnt play a role in their abilities, there's nothing left to talk about.  

5 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

you trippin', dawg!  

"top players", not "stars".  

but if you think their injuries didnt play a role in their abilities, there's nothing left to talk about.  

I never said shit about their ability. I was responding to your claim that "Florida got lucky bunch of our top players were injured."

My point still stands. It's a one-player list. Adam Fox was the only player among the injured who stood a chance of making a lick of difference.