• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

UFA Target: Sam Reinhart or Steve Stamkos

19 minutes ago, Rangers1994 said:

Would the Rangers have room for at least one - Stamkos or Reinhart?

How much would you pay for them? For how long? How does it fit into the Rangers cap situation?

1) Stamkos I would pay $18 millions for 3 years; Reinhart $45 million for 5 years.

2) That's tricky part. Balancing Reinhart's or Stamkos's salary with the new contracts for Shesterkin, Schnieder, Laffy, and Lindgren

7 minutes ago, Rangers1994 said:

1) Stamkos I would pay $18 millions for 3 years; Reinhart $45 million for 5 years.

2) That's tricky part. Balancing Reinhart's or Stamkos's salary with the new contracts for Shesterkin, Schnieder, Laffy, and Lindgren

So the Rangers can't afford that, and no idea why the players would accept that, but we should totally do that. 

Reinhart is cashing in big time.

Hes made some money already, but this is his shot at the big payday/long-term deal.

3 seasons in Florida, he’s a 40-goal, point per game player on average. 3 straight seasons of 30+ goals. Coming off a season of 57-goals and nearly 100 points. 
I could see him maybe giving Florida a bit of a discount cause he supposedly loves it here, but not too much. 

6 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Reinhart fits in so well there. Not sure he is what he is there elsewhere. He’s still good. Regardless, way out of our range.

Maybe Stamkos would if he takes a pay cut....

40 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Reinhart fits in so well there. Not sure he is what he is there elsewhere. He’s still good. Regardless, way out of our range.

I agree with that too. 
I think elsewhere, Reinhart is what he was before… a 20-25 goal, 60 point player. 
He gets a huge boost from Barkov. And also Verhaege, who is fantastic but might be the most underrated player in the league. 

1 minute ago, RangersIn7 said:

I agree with that too. 
I think elsewhere, Reinhart is what he was before… a 20-25 goal, 60 point player. 
He gets a huge boost from Barkov. And also Verhaege, who is fantastic but might be the most underrated player in the league. 

And Stamkos?

24 minutes ago, Rangers1994 said:

And Stamkos?

Stamkos is Stamkos. He’d score anywhere. 

In terms of him coming here… I think it’s a long shot.

I can’t see him leaving Tampa at all. And he shouldn’t.

Thats the type of player that should stay with 1 team for his entire career. 
He’s been the face of that franchise for 15+ seasons. 

He won’t be cheap either. He might be 34 going on 35, but he’s still coming off a 40 goal season. 
He’s gonna want a good amount of money and some term too. 

Just now, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Do it! Get both! Raise ticket prices to triple!! Oh wait, there’s a Cap. 

*thankfully*

Hence the tricky question - How to balance Stamkos's or Reinhart's salary with the new contracts for Shesterkin, Laffy, Lindgren, and Schneider?

1 minute ago, Rangers1994 said:

Hence the tricky question - How to balance Stamkos's or Reinhart's salary with the new contracts for Shesterkin, Laffy, Lindgren, and Schneider?

If you’re bringing in one of them, you’re moving a salary out. 
That’s the how. 

The Rangers still need to upgrade their defense and physicality.  Signing Schneider and Lindgren alone will bring the cap space down to $6 million.  Come to think of it, they may not have room for Reinhart, Stamkos, or Kane. I stand corrected.

Parade for the Panthers is Sunday. Free Agency starts Monday. Sam Reinhart is going to still be drunk at Elbo Room while his agent calls him throwing a ton of numbers in his face on Monday afternoon.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • LOL 1