• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

UFA Target: Sam Reinhart or Steve Stamkos

Yeah it sounds like everyone wants term. If Drury isn't going to do that, then I'm not sure who they're going to wind up with. If Kane really wants three years, I can't see that happening here. It would be two tops. It depends how much he wants to come back here.

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah it sounds like everyone wants term. If Drury isn't going to do that, then I'm not sure who they're going to wind up with. If Kane really wants three years, I can't see that happening here. It would be two tops. It depends how much he wants to come back here.

3 isn't a terrible idea if the large contracts are expiring and he will be the leadership for a year in transition.

Just now, jsm7302 said:

3 isn't a terrible idea if the large contracts are expiring and he will be the leadership for a year in transition.

Plus, their window is the next year or two anyway. I don't know. I just don't think Drury wants to go thar long with him.

Not seeming like we will be in on Stamkos. With Kane, Guentzel and Reinhart off the board (all either out of range or potential targets), it sure seems like the Rangers are going to be shut out of acquiring a 1RW via free agency tomorrow. This is not shaping up to be a good beginning to a crucial off-season for a franchise that is on the cusp of a make or break season.

Stamkos; Tennessee isn't tax free but it's low. NHL in it's slavish devotion to a hard cap is not understanding it's creating a new have/have not situation that the cap doesn't address. Being a "big market" doesn't mean what it used to mean.