• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Jacob Trouba Fiasco: Buyout? Trade? Nope, He's Probably Returning Afterall

17 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

If you’re asking for his list a few days early, and you’re meeting with him to discuss his future, the writing is on the wall, no?

I’m thinking they actually have or feel like they’re going to find a suitor for him. 

I would agree with you Richie. All the signs point to that

• Believe 1

3 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Chytil and Trouba to San Jose for Will Smith.  
Kakko and #30 to move up as far in the draft as possible.  
Sign Atkinson cheap and Kane.  
Sign a 3rd pair right D for half Trouba’s money or less.  

There’s a better chance @Ozzy suits up and plays on the right of Kreider and Zibanejad next year, than San Jose taking that deal

• Bullseye 2
  • Eyeballs 1

Man, if Drury can get rid of both Goodrow's and Trouba's contracts without having to give up a ton, automatic GM of the year for me. lol Goodrow was his own mistake (the contract), but Trouba was even worse and a huge albatross. Gorton should have gotten fired for that trade and contract alone. So, if they can be done with that, and free up a lot of money, just awesome.

• Like 2
  • Eyeballs 1

12 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Lots of noise coming out of Chicago about making a splash to improve next season.

Obviously Trouba doesn't make a big splash but if he is to right of Igor?  Now that's a splash.

If I were Chicago… Trouba would actually interest me.

Yeah, it’s a lot of money for what he is, but that doesn’t matter much to them over the next 2 seasons. They have plenty of cap space, and a D corps that’s gonna have a lot of young bodies moving through there over the next 2 years.

He has value under those circumstances.

9 minutes ago, Br4d said:

I don't think they're trying to win the race next season.  I think they're trying to play respectably and take some of the attention off of Bedard.

They’re trying to get better. Build a culture and teach their kids how to be NHL players 

Hey guess who’s helped do that once before?

• Bullseye 1