• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Jacob Trouba Fiasco: Buyout? Trade? Nope, He's Probably Returning Afterall

22 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Friedman just said at the Draft that there is a lot of chatter about this Detroit deal for Trouba and that the hope is that the teams can complete a deal today.

Fingers crossed.  Only fear that they get back a useless player or players and doesn’t save any salary space.   Otherwise I’m good with whatever they get.  

3 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Fingers crossed.  Only fear that they get back a useless player or players and doesn’t save any salary space.   Otherwise I’m good with whatever they get.  

If we are retaining salary, I doubt we are taking back a contract. My guess is it’s futures coming back.

I do wonder if Drury is trying to persuade Yzerman to also take Kakko back in the deal too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Br4d said:

As long as he's not good with a comfy clubhouse he's doing his job.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I think fans are the only one who think this is personal. This has nothing to do with a comfortable clubhouse, and fans actually have no insight at all into who's comfortable and who isn't. 

He's simply removing players who aren't worth their contracts during the regular season.

It's completely logical and it's not personal. 

Peter Laviolette does not strike me as the type of coach who would have, allow, or tolerate a comfy clubhouse. 
And I feel the same about Drury

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Peter Laviolette does not strike me as the type of coach who would have, allow, or tolerate a comfy clubhouse. 
And I feel the same about Drury

This is also their first real offseason together to make some change happen towards what they want it to look like. If they dump Goodrow and Trouba to bring in Patrick Kane, that's just going to add fuel to the comfy clubhouse narrative.

16 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

Nott diggin 2.5m retention i've seen mentioned. They better be bringing back a useful asset for that.

I don't know, they're taking our second highest paid and first worst defenseman off the roster... It's not like they're not already doing a solid. 

49 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Mod Note

Please only cite credible sources for any trade rumors or information

Does that include the guy at the pier that I buy my meth from?

He loves to talk hockey. Has a really good source too.

Or maybe it’s the water heater in his basement he talks to.

There might be peyote involved. 

The real problem with the Trouba rumors is that everybody is using Brooks as the primary source.

So when I go to read the Detroit papers all I get is cut and paste copy of the Post stories about the potential trade.

I was kind of hoping to get some insight into what the Red Wings were thinking or at least dissembling to the media as they thought.  Instead almost all the info was the research Brooks has done shuffled around a bit to look like original work.

3 minutes ago, Br4d said:

The real problem with the Trouba rumors is that everybody is using Brooks as the primary source.

So when I go to read the Detroit papers all I get is cut and paste copy of the Post stories about the potential trade.

I was kind of hoping to get some insight into what the Red Wings were thinking or at least dissembling to the media as they thought.  Instead almost all the info was the research Brooks has done shuffled around a bit to look like original work.

Donald Trump GIF

• LMFAO 1
  • Applause 1

Despite some momentum building around a Trouba trade on Saturday, nothing materialized, and the Rangers, seemingly eager to move Trouba and all or part of his $8 million cap the next two seasons, may find that this will be a difficult transaction to complete in the window the team needs to free up cap space to make a splash on Monday, when free agency begins.

A league source indicated that Trouba, who still has a no-movement clause until noon on Monday, may not be inclined to help speed this deal along, even if Rangers GM Chris Drury finds a trade fit with the Detroit Red Wings, Trouba’s hometown team.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5604224/2024/06/29/ny-rangers-jacob-trouba-trade/?source=user_shared_article

4 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

That’s all fine.

I still think he’s a goner.

Also… historically, the hockey coverage in The NY Times sucks my left nut. 

I think that's why they bought The Athletic.  Outsourced a lot of their coverage when they did that.

Maybe Trouba doesn't want to go to the Red Wings?  Some guys really don't want to go home.

22 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

The Trouba talk is misdirection. The Wings are just waiting for a decision and terms with Kane before they trade for Panarin.

They're maybe the only contender that could swallow Bread's cap hit whole and not be close to done yet.

2 minutes ago, Br4d said:

They're maybe the only contender that could swallow Bread's cap hit whole and not be close to done yet.

Yup. On top of Detroit waiting to see what unfolds with Kane, Drury might also be leery about doing it unless he finds out he can net a big fish or two with the saved cap. Maybe it's only a discussion if he can net at least 1 or 2 certain free agents.