• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Jacob Trouba Fiasco: Buyout? Trade? Nope, He's Probably Returning Afterall

Possible Trouba strategy: Raise the prospect that you will be a malcontent if traded or waived, thereby largely foreclosing that possibility and forcing Drury to buy out the last year of your contract at this time next year.  Sign a multi-year deal with NYI or NJD as a free agent for $2m per.  Combined with the payout from your buyout, you will be whole and never have to move.  Atta boy cap'n!  You outfoxed that black hearted Drury.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Sod16 said:

Possible Trouba strategy: Raise the prospect that you will be a malcontent if traded or waived, thereby largely foreclosing that possibility and forcing Drury to buy out the last year of your contract at this time next year.  Sign a multi-year deal with NYI or NJD as a free agent for $2m per.  Combined with the payout from your buyout, you will be whole and never have to move.  Atta boy cap'n!  You outfoxed that black hearted Drury.

His wife is going to want to move at the end of her residency.

She'll either want to join a private practice somewhere and begin accumulating seniority there (doctors are worse than lawyers when it comes to pecking order in private practices) or she'll want a prestigious job at an institution that is reknowned for whatever her specialty is.

So the Trouba's are likely on the move after next season no matter what.  She might get an offer from one of the big NYC institutions but those jobs are scarce unless you are in a particular area of need like pediatrics or obstetrics.

Edited by Br4d

3 hours ago, Br4d said:

She'll either want to join a private practice somewhere and begin accumulating seniority there (doctors are worse than lawyers when it comes to pecking order in private practices) or she'll want a prestigious job at an institution that is reknowned for whatever her specialty is.

So the Trouba's are likely on the move after next season no matter what.  She might get an offer from one of the big NYC institutions but those jobs are scarce unless you are in a particular area of need like pediatrics or obstetrics.

Or she’d want to quit work and be a housewife for the rest of her life. 

Assuming Trouba is here next season, maybe he'll have a good year to show himself to other teams. lol Or, he's just shot. There's probably no way to unload him now unless Drury works some big time magic, even more so than what it took to get rid of Goodrow's contract.

21 hours ago, Br4d said:

I believe she's an osteopath, so she probably won't be going into a prestigious specialty.

5 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

I believe she's an osteopath, so she probably won't be going into a prestigious specialty.

She could wind up in obstetrics/pre-natal care.  That would likely get her a good job at a big hospital in the Tri-state area.

At least according to Emily Kaplan, Drury sought consent from Trouba before Trouba had to submit his list in order to have the additional cap space at his disposal when the UFAs hit on July 1.  Trouba declined, and then being that he was wise to the Detroit deal, he put Detroit on his no trade list (when I suspect he would not have otherwise).  Trouba = clever.  Drury = too clever by half.

2 hours ago, Sod16 said:

At least according to Emily Kaplan, Drury sought consent from Trouba before Trouba had to submit his list in order to have the additional cap space at his disposal when the UFAs hit on July 1.  Trouba declined, and then being that he was wise to the Detroit deal, he put Detroit on his no trade list (when I suspect he would not have otherwise).  Trouba = clever.  Drury = too clever by half.

If true, Drury misplayed his hand bigly

5 hours ago, Sod16 said:

Drury did the right thing by Trouba. He could've not said anything and then traded him dead to rights after the list was submitted. So hes at .500 for underhanded GM bs; working on his kharma for the Goodrow waiving.

• Keeps it 100 1

5 hours ago, Sod16 said:

32 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Drury did the right thing by Trouba. He could've not said anything and then traded him dead to rights after the list was submitted. So hes at .500 for underhanded GM bs; working on his kharma for the Goodrow waiving.

Is there a link to that Kaplan content? 

Brooks went on record saying that Trouba wouldn't report to any club who traded for him. 

I just want to see how everyone is phrasing it. 

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

The next big overplay is Trouba's.  Just a guess.

There is no doubt Drury is working the phones with the teams on his list and I would imagine end of July/ mid August when nothing is happening, his bags get packed and he will be headed to Utah.

20 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

There is no doubt Drury is working the phones with the teams on his list and I would imagine end of July/ mid August when nothing is happening, his bags get packed and he will be headed to Utah.

Do we know what his list is?

I'd assume all the Canadian teams are there plus probably Detroit based on reporting.

After that probably San Jose, Anaheim, LA, Seattle, Colorado.  I'd have assumed Utah was there also.

That's close to the number he can block.  Maybe 1 or 2 more teams also.

58 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

I would doubt he gets traded this season as his agent has made it pretty clear to every team in the NHL that they will be getting an unhappy player in return. 

• Bullseye 1

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

I would doubt he gets traded this season as his agent has made it pretty clear to every team in the NHL that they will be getting an unhappy player in return. 

This kind of a reputation is pretty bad for Trouba. Im sure teams would be very weary of signing him as UFA in 2 years. Pretty sure he just lost lots of money with his attitude.  But he’s stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

• Applause 1