• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Jacob Trouba Fiasco: Buyout? Trade? Nope, He's Probably Returning Afterall

A cold blooded move would be signing the best RHD left on the market, and waiving Trouba. Call his bluff about not accepting a move to another team. Play for Hartford, terminate your contract, or accept a trade. Simple.

That’s the trump card Drury has.

Edited by BrooksBurner

50 minutes ago, Pete said:

They can't afford to have him play in Hartford. 

They also already signed the best right-handed defenseman on the market. Rudeweasel. 

He’s on the roster opening night.

And throughout the season.

If he’s healthy and better some, and Schneider is up to the task of playing more minutes, you’re fine.

Personally I think what they need more than anything is another great D, but that isn’t happening now.

But they’re ok.

They can add a piece on D this year at some point.

I don't think there's anything to normalize. The issue isn't with the room, it's between the room and the general manager's office. Trouba strikes me as a pro's pro. I don't imagine there will be any problem with him and his teammates, or vice versa.

Yeah, these guys are professionals. While I'm sure they're very unhappy how this whole thing transpired, they still have a job to do. They may even rally around it. I don't think these guys will be sulking all year, except for Kakko, because, well, that's a given.

• LOL 1
  • Applause 1

5 minutes ago, mbob said:

Saw something on social media around Trouba to Buffalo brewing, probably click bate and came here to see if anything was posted. 

That guy who posted it (I think with the name Richard Hicks) seems like a fake account. Wouldn’t buy it.

• Like 1

I would think if he was getting traded this off season it would’ve happened already.  It’s scary thinking of a Jones - Trouba pairing though.   Would like to see a more stable player with Jones but only way I see that happening is if they go

Miiler-Fox

Jones-Schneider

Lindgren-Trouba.  
which I doubt will happen.  
Definetly would give the Rangers the most expensive 3rd D pairing in the league.