• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Jacob Trouba Fiasco: Buyout? Trade? Nope, He's Probably Returning Afterall

3 hours ago, siddious said:

The running story of Detroit not being on his list was 100% fictional in the sense that no one knows whether thats true or not and I think added fuel to the fire of why people were getting pissed. But never the less..

What pisses me off too is that you never get an answer from Drury. 

whats even worse is that this info is out there now.. wouldnt be surprised to see trouba boo'd constantly going forward. just not going to be a good situation.

you pissed, bro?

5 minutes ago, Mdk154 said:

Trouba and wife want to fight it out to stay, fine. Then take a paycut. 

That doesn't happen in professional sports, ever. NHL players' union would freak the fuck out. Recall the only reason Alex Rodriguez became a member of the Yankees and not the Red Sox was because MLB players' union would not sign off on his voluntary reduction  in his salary as a condition of a trade form Texas to Boston. 

Hopefully his 1st day of camp consists of a loooooonnnnnggggg video review of each and every time he got the puck behind the net and preceded to make a lazy shaky blind weak pass up the wall to the waiting opposing defenseman at the point. Like Mika's moron slapper than every opposing goalie has seen on tape, imagine video review before playing the Rangers has opponents laughing their asses off about both. "Watch this dumb fuck do this again!" How many fuckin' times could he have taken a stride or 2 and made a decent pass instead? Felt a lot like Miller saw that and began to think that's the way you do it. Also every time he took a dumb penalty. 

Want to be paid $8.5 million and work in NY? Get your head out of your ass. 

Edited by Bugg
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, H-Dreamer said:

So as usual no one knows the truth, only shit Brooks pulled from somewhere, but we're freaking out over it anyway, because it's already peak off-season.

Correct. Drury doesn't talk unless he has already done something. There aren't any leaks. He does talk to Brooks, but only  to float trial balloons. And if you do leak , you find yourself as the trainer for the Habs rather than the Rangers. 

11 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Correct. Drury doesn't talk unless he has already done something. There aren't any leaks. He does talk to Brooks, but only  to float trial balloons. And if you do leak , you find yourself as the trainer for the Habs rather than the Rangers. 

Something like that has to be the reason Ramsey was let go so suddenly, and then not even acknowledged when he came back. It's the only thing that really makes sense.

Too many people are making up their own version of what happened, making up their own version of what all parties involved think, making up their own version of what the locker room things, and running with it as if it were fact. 

Brooks is completely discredited in my opinion.

Would love to know what people in the organization think about him right now. 

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

That doesn't happen in professional sports, ever. NHL players' union would freak the fuck out. Recall the only reason Alex Rodriguez became a member of the Yankees and not the Red Sox was because MLB players' union would not sign off on his voluntary reduction  in his salary as a condition of a trade form Texas to Boston. 

Oh I know. Just saying. Damage is done on both sides. First bad play next year (game 1) he may get blood. Don't see it ending well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dunny said:

It's actually pretty genius move by Trouba. He'll play a couple more years, she'll be working 50 hour weeks at that point. She'll never be home. He'll have all the time in the world to golf. 

I hadn't considered this angle. I gotta tip my hat.

Plenty of good golf courses and hospitals in Detroit.  

This Trouba situation will be Drury’s legacy if the country club rangers poop the bead again next year and he’s gone.  I never liked Drury as a player and I think he’s making his name as GM align very closely to how I viewed him as a player- someone who was marginally effective but never really a difference maker.

The Trouba contract is a mess and it’s going to realistically kill the organizations chances for a cup until he’s gone!

13 minutes ago, Dunny said:

It's actually pretty genius move by Trouba. He'll play a couple more years, she'll be working 50 hour weeks at that point. She'll never be home. He'll have all the time in the world to golf. 

I hadn't considered this angle. I gotta tip my hat.

80-100 hours a week for a 1st year resident at most institutions.  I have no idea what a 4th year resident works in NYC now but I do know somebody who went through the process 30 years ago and she was still working 70+ hour weeks with a 2 year old right up until her residency ended.

3 hours ago, Mdk154 said:

Trouba and wife want to fight it out to stay, fine. Then take a paycut. 

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

It's not that it doesn't happen, it's that it can't happen in the NHL. As I understand it, there are mechanisms to restructure deals or walk away from players in other leagues, but those same mechanisms do not exist in the NHL's CBA.

The only two paths to having Trouba on the Rangers at a different AAV than his current one are:

1. Bought out, then re-signed for less like Calgary did years ago with Michael Stone. Seems implausible.
  2. Waived and buried in the minors for mild cap relief (minimum salary + $375K cap relief [$1.15M total for 24-25], so in Trouba's case, carrying a dead cap hit of $6.85M).