• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Jacob Trouba Fiasco: Buyout? Trade? Nope, He's Probably Returning Afterall

1 minute ago, Rangers1994 said:

He did a few weeks ago.

He said exactly the opposite. This entire thread is about him specifically not blaming the injury. 

He also described his playoff performance as "fine". He thought he played well. 

• Eyeballs 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

He said exactly the opposite. This entire thread is about him specifically not blaming the injury. 

He’s not going to admit it impacted his play. No player would.

It clearly did.

His playoff performance was poor.

I’m not a doctor. I don’t know the true nature and full extent of the injury. I don’t know what treatment he had, but I’m sure it was of top quality.

However, if you break your ankle on March 4th and you are playing again on March 30th, 25 days later, you’re not fully healed in all likelihood. 

Now if you’re medically cleared to play, you’re at a point where it can’t easily break again and you’re not going to hurt it worse. But you’re going to be limited and playing at diminished capacity. 

I think that’s what we saw.

• Keeps it 100 1

29 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

It clearly did.

I’m not a doctor. I don’t know the true nature and full extent of the injury. I don’t know what treatment he had, but I’m sure it was of top quality.

However, if you break your ankle on March 4th and you are playing again on March 30th, 25 days later, you’re not fully healed in all likelihood. 

Now if you’re medically cleared to play, you’re at a point where it can’t easily break again and you’re not going to hurt it worse. But you’re going to be limited and playing at diminished capacity. 

I'm simply point the out he never personally blamed the injury for his play nor did he acknowledge his poor play whatsoever. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I'm simply point the out he never personally blamed the injury for his play nor did he acknowledge his poor play whatsoever. 

I know Pete.

And he’s not gonna. Nor are any of his teammates or coaches or anyone in the organization.

Im just putting it out there that he was not near 100%, it showed, and instead of coming back on March 30th, he probably should have waited another week or two. 

18 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

At least he can’t play worse than he did in the playoffs.  Everything else is speculation. 

Maybe this whole bunch of stuff and he elevates his play. 

• Believe 1

Just now, Rangers1994 said:

Ok. I stand corrected. I;m glad he did not blame the injury. He should still take a pay cut if he wants tot stay with the Rangers.

And how would they cut his pay?

8 hours ago, Pete said:

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

• Like 1

OK, I'm getting the feeling we're going into next season with this fucking anchor in place.  I'm sure if Drury can or could move him, it would be happening, but it looks like there's just too many roadblocks in the way.

Trouba thinks he played well in the playoffs?  That's great!  Good to see his LSD medication is working.  What a fucking dumbass!

I'm also still entertained by this whole "pay cut" theory!  LOL

I'm wondering how we're going to circumnavigate the whole CBA, and Players Association to pull off something that is AGAINST THE RULES....but then again, what do I know?

Anyway, just stopping in to say that summer is going great. 

I miss the Rangers more than ever!

The Yankees make me wanna projectile vomit lately.

Hope you guys are having a great one! 

• Cheers 1

23 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

It clearly did.

i'm a doctor and i concur

• Cheers 1