• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Jacob Trouba Fiasco: Buyout? Trade? Nope, He's Probably Returning Afterall

11 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Meh… I get what you’re saying… but I can’t blame a guy in his position for being upset and if he says so, at least to a degree, it’s ok and it’s his right. 

It's one thing to be upset.  It's a whole other thing to bring the feud public.  Almost no good can come from that.

4 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Professional Hockey is a business.

Period.

Anybody who treats it differently is going to caught in the switches before all is said and done.

Agreed.

And the worst thing that an organization can do is to get sentimental about its players.

Obviously they are people and you can’t forget that.

But it’s part of professional sports. 

I would bet money this was Drury leaking. The talk has been how quiet management under Drury operates, but we have two instances of major leaks making their way out now. The Gallant stuff last summer that made everyone put all the blame on him for the faults of the team. Now this Trouba stuff that is amping up fan animosity on social media towards him. It smells like calculated pressure.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • LMFAO 1

9 minutes ago, Br4d said:

It's possible that the Rangers really felt they had to make it appear as though there was a decisive break with Trouba in order to effectively waive him.

The danger in waiving Trouba is that nobody bites and then where are we?

Wade redden territory?

5 minutes ago, Br4d said:

It's possible that the Rangers really felt they had to make it appear as though there was a decisive break with Trouba in order to effectively waive him.

The danger in waiving Trouba is that nobody bites and then where are we?

1) Stuck with him for another season.  That's my personal preference given his intangibles.

2) Buy him out.

3) Trade him while eating at least 25% of his salary.

57 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Do we want to face Trouba on the Devils or Isles?

Is he suddenly Chris Pronger? Honestly, he’s a defensive liability, prone to penalties because he’s out of position and a guy on the NHL’s radar because he’s become flagrant with the chicken wing. 

He’s a 2.5 guy making 8 per year. This isn’t personal, it’s fixing a terrible front office decision. 

To answer the question- Do I want to face Trouba as a Devil or Islander?  I really don't care- the only thing that “worries” me is a dirty elbow to someone’s head.. as a defender, he’s more likely to allow a Ranger goal than to prevent one if he’s on the other side. He’s a bottom pair guy- no shame in that, but he isn’t a meaningful defender. 

• Bullseye 1
  • VINNY! 1

9 minutes ago, Red White and Brew said:

Yes. 

He is a defensive liability at even strength and takes careless penalties. 

Would love seeing him on the ice. 

Right up until the moment he laid somebody out because they didn't keep their head up in center ice.

1 minute ago, Cash or Czech said:

The year after we won the cup? What does that have to do with moving Trouba now? The guy who was on the ice for half of our goals against?

I'm saying be careful what you wish for.... We gave up on Nedved and Zubov too soon and they thrived the next 1-2 years.

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

Do we want to face Trouba on the Devils or Isles?

I wouldn’t care.

Drury can theoretically spend over the cap some on FAs tomorrow if he wants to, if he is ok with a buy out should he not be able to dump Trouba via trade. It’d be stupid, but it’s possible.

Edited by BrooksBurner