• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Showing Interest in Jonathan Drouin; Re-Signs with Avs

Mercogliano said we may save space and assets for trades either now or at the deadline.

We cannot be taken seriously as a Stanley Cup contender if we, yet again, walk into the season without a viable top-line RW. This has been a glaring hole for more than a calendar year now, and Drury still cannot figure out a way to fill it. I’m not saying I don’t trust the guy. But this has been a glaring hole and just has not been filled.

Is he gun shy because of the way the Kane/Tarasenko situation unfolded?

Whatever it is, Jonathan Drouin ain’t it.

This ain’t looking too good.

9 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Mercogliano said we may save space and assets for trades either now or at the deadline.

We cannot be taken seriously as a Stanley Cup contender if we, yet again, walk into the season without a viable top-line RW. This has been a glaring hole for more than a calendar year now, and Drury still cannot figure out a way to fill it. I’m not saying I don’t trust the guy. But this has been a glaring hole and just has not been filled.

Tarasenko was good until Kane got here and it put too many cooks in the kitchen. One or the other was the right play.

I'm all for Tarasenko tour #2. Go get him Dru!

If Drouin is our biggest add we will have fallen behind some of the other top teams in the east who are getting better

with that said he's not an awful player to at least keep an eye on. wouldn't be my top choice but middle 6 scoring is never a bad thing and colorado revived his career a bit, hopefully it carries over. would not commit long years to him though

46 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

If only we had a reliable guy like a Pavel Buchnevich to anchor that top RW spot

• Phil changed the title to Rangers Showing Interest in Jonathan Drouin; Re-Signs with Avs
42 minutes ago, Blueshirts1926 said:

Gone: Kane, Stamkos, Guentzel, Jeannott, Reinhardt, Marchessault, Drouin, Martinez - WTF is Drury we get Sam Carrick

Nashvile is loading up, Washington,  NJ, better 

Anyone have thoughts on Tarasenko redux?

I would do 2 years at 5.5 million w/o blinking; wonder if he is worth more on the open market?