• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Reilly Smith (25% Retained) from PIT for 2nd, 5th Round Picks

Posted (edited)

Other than Stamkos, I don't really see anything that makes a huge stir this year in the way of Free Agents.  You wanna make an arguement for Guentzel?  fine....but I'm not a big Guentzel guy, so there's that.

We're strapped a bit cap-wise, so I didn't expect a lot.  Kane went back to Detroit, which kinda blew, but after that we filled a couple of holes relatively cheap.  I figure our big move will be when we make a trade.

I have a feeling that if/when we move Trouba, we'll saddle him with something (pick/player/prospect) and then we'll have something more to hang our hat on this summer.

If not, I'm still fine with what we have, which is a lot!  I'm actually pretty good with not signing a lot of the guys that went today.

Edited by Ozzy

1 hour ago, Blueshirts1926 said:

Let’s see 6 years older, overall 9 more points and 3 million more than Roslovic and gave up a 2nd rounder yeah great move. Drury is an idiot 

you still haven’t told me what else you would’ve done?  I’ll wait….

1 hour ago, Blueshirts1926 said:

Let’s see 6 years older, overall 9 more points and 3 million more than Roslovic and gave up a 2nd rounder yeah great move. Drury is an idiot 

If your move is re-sign Roslovic, he didn't do jack with top-6 time in the regular season and playoffs. There's a reason Roslovic is still unsigned.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Other than Stamkos, I don't really see anything that makes a huge stir this year in the way of Free Agents.  You wanna make an arguement for Guentzel?  fine....but I'm not a big Guentzel guy, so there's that.

We're strapped a bit cap-wise, so I didn't expect a lot.  Kane went back to Detroit, which kinda blew, but after that we filled a couple of holes relatively cheap.  I figure our big move will be when we make a trade.

I have a feeling that if/when we move Trouba, we'll saddle him with something (pick/player/prospect) and then we'll have something more to hang our hat on this summer.

If not, I'm still fine with what we have, which is a lot!  I'm actually pretty good with not signing a lot of the guys that went today.

I just don’t understand what some are expecting him to do at this point.  The market wasn’t great, no one was moving the needle for the going rates.  Moving Trouba will be the ultimate move.  It was always expected that they would look to improve via trade imo

Edited by Vodka Drunkenski

3 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

I just don’t understand what some are expecting him to do at this point.  The market wasn’t great, no one was moving the needle for the going rates.  Moving Trouba will be the ultimate move.  It was always expected that they would look to improve via trade imo

I was expecting to hear trouba is gone at noon. 

off season is ruined.

fire drury!

Posted (edited)

Also what 2nd round pick did they trade? We don’t have any for the next 2 years.

is drury just not a fan of this particular round? 🤣

edit: Yepp 2027 2nd rounder 

Edited by siddious
  • LMFAO 1

4 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Exactly....You know it my man!  😃

5 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I still can't believe we gave up a second rounder for Wennberg. For Kane and Tarasenko? Understandable, but, him? Yeesh.

What do you mean that was a steal. Guys making 5 sheets a year now 🤣