• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Among Teams Showing Interest in Vladimir Tarasenko

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Wouldn't be terrible, but he's been kind of declining. He was with us a little but, but it wasn't too bad. They really need someone to help out the top line on offense, so this would be better than nothing.

Given the way that the musical chairs has played out, I would get this done. Hoping that the Reilly Smith acquisition doesn't put this out of reach.

We simply just cannot go into the season with a Kaako/Smith platoon for  first line RW. 

Just now, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

Given the way that the musical chairs has played out, I would get this done. Hoping that the Reilly Smith acquisition doesn't put this out of reach.

We simply just cannot go into the season with a Kaako/Smith platoon for  first line RW. 

Yeah, they have to get someone here. Get Tarasenko even if you have to overpay a little. There's no way they can run this back.

If they sign him, Kakko is 100% gone. They'll have acquired two top/middle-six RWers today with Lafreniere also on the right. None of these guys are fourth-liners, so wow, it's a nice time to leave the city.

As of now, they have $9.7 Million left to sign Schneider and Lindgren. Assuming Schneider goes for $2 Million and Lindgren Maybe at $4 Million, would leave $3.7 Million (prior to a Trouba trade) in cap room. But they don’t have to be cap compliant until Fall anyway. So there is a way to maneuver in some more movement here.

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

As of now, they have $9.7 Million left to sign Schneider and Lindgren. Assuming Schneider goes for $2 Million and Lindgren Maybe at $4 Million, would leave $3.7 Million (prior to a Trouba trade) in cap room. But they don’t have to be cap compliant until Fall anyway. So there is a way to maneuver in some more movement here.

gotta add a 7th Dman to the cap also. 

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

If they sign him, Kakko is 100% gone. They'll have acquired two top/middle-six RWers today with Lafreniere also on the right. None of these guys are fourth-liners, so wow, it's a nice time to leave the city.

I can't wait to see how upset you are when Kakko is here next season. 🤭

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Phil said:

Counter:

Smith is actually Kreider’s replacement to the left of Zibanejad so they can be split up, and there’s still room for both Tarasenko and Kakko on the right.

Edited by BrooksBurner

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

I can't wait to see how upset you are when Kakko is here next season. 🤭

Skating on the fourth line? Fine by me. Doubt it'll be fine by him.

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

Counter:

Smith is actually Kreider’s replacement to the left of Zibanejad so they can be split up, and there’s still room for both Tarasenko and Kakko on the right.

Smith is a RW, but sure. Conspire away.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Phil said:

Skating on the fourth line? Fine by me. Doubt it'll be fine by him.

Why wouldn't he be, it's a nice line.

Stay Mad GIF

Edited by Pete

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

https://triblive.com/sports/reilly-smith-takes-ownership-of-disappointing-debut-campaign-with-penguins/

Beginning the year as left wing to Evgeni Malkin on the Penguins’ second line along with Rickard Rakell, Smith thrived, scoring six goals through the first 10 games.

As the year went on, Smith ended up seeing the most action on the club’s third line as Lars Eller’s left wing, also featuring rookie Valtteri Puustinen.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/pittsburgh-penguins/line-combinations

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

Why are you trying to ruin my day by making up scenarios in which I have to keep watching the Big White Nope play hockey here?

Ok Kakko traded for a 2nd to recoup Smith cost and then Tarasenko is signed. So their 2nd overall turns into 1 year of Reilly Smith. Does that make you feel better?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Ok Kakko traded for a 2nd to recoup Smith cost and then Tarasenko is signed. So their 2nd overall turns into 1 year of Reilly Smith. Does that make you feel better?

If he gets extended after this year then maybe. 🤣

12 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

You had me at Kakko traded, so yes.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Laf could go to the left of Zib.  We should be looking for ways to get Laf back on the left side.

• Keeps it 100 2

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Reilly Smith is about to become the Rangers best opening day RW since Buch left town.

I'm actually moderately interested to see where Lavi is going to slot him.

1 minute ago, Br4d said:

Laf could go to the left of Zib.  We should be looking for ways to get Laf back on the left side.

Moves to the right, records career-best season and scores 28 goals.

"we need to move him back to the left."

Yeah, I'm good on that.

• LOL 1
  • Keeps it 100 1