• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sharks Sign Alexander Wennberg to (and No, I'm Not Kidding) 2 Year/$10m Deal; $5m AAV

Just now, siddious said:

They need to hit the cap floor no? 

I’ve never seen a JAG like this in such a long time. If you remove the deflection goal in OT in Game 3 at Florida away, I literally have zero recollection of this guy even being here.

I’m not saying he’s bad. He’s not. He ain’t a bad player. Nice reliable bottom-6 forward. But Jesus Christ, $5 Million a season?! I don’t care if you need to hit the cap floor or not. $5 Million a season on a multi-year deal to this guy?

Good fucking grief.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

2 X $5 Million looks to me as $2.5 AAV, havent seen anyone say its 2 years/$10 Million 

Just like Stamkos is 4 X $32 Million is $8 Million AAV

Thats how Friedman writes it. Case in point:

It’s the year followed by the AAV. That’s how he’s been writing it. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if it’s wrong but that’s how he’s been writing it for as long as I can remember. Including today. So, if it’s wrong, that’s on Friedman but this is how he always writes it out. Years and then the AAV. 

Edited by RichieNextel305

Posted (edited)

I felt like getting Wennberg, and having him play with who he was playing with, was very redundant. It felt like canceling him out a bit. He's not great, but still better than what he showed here. That contract is still insane though, cap floor or not.

Edited by Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Imagine being fortunate enough that a team looking to hit the cap floor chooses you to be the guy to make it happen. Man that’s probably like winning a Cup for a player

We should have put Trouba on waivers at noon.  SJS could definitely have used the help hitting the floor.