• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rempe Training in the Off Season

4 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Shouldn't Rempe be the one being taught how to fight?

Literally this. Wish it was a clip of him learning from John Scott how to protect himself.

Perhaps he could spend a little time with a trainer who might have some ideas about how to avoid penalties for high hits when you are a foot taller than your opponents.

• Applause 1

17 minutes ago, Phil said:

Literally this. Wish it was a clip of him learning from John Scott how to protect himself.

Scott said he really wanted to help the kid in a podcast earlier this season.  Pretty good stuff, and of course now I can't find it anywhere.

But he did!!!

I'm really looking forward to seeing Rempe play this season!  I bet he looks bigger on opening day!

45 minutes ago, Br4d said:

I was gonna say plz do not fight the UFC guy even in training.  I much prefer players whose noses are fairly straight.

so you're into men's noses, huh?  I once knew a guy who was into women's ankles.  Sick fuck!  

• LOL 1

19 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

so you're into men's noses, huh?  I once knew a guy who was into women's ankles.  Sick fuck!  

East-West noses are such a turnoff.

The worst part is when they sneeze the snot goes sideways.  Try ducking that in an enclosed space!

1 minute ago, Br4d said:

East-West noses are such a turnoff.

The worst part is when they sneeze the snot goes sideways.  Try ducking that in an enclosed space!

you like your noses like your hockey---East/West.  I hear ya

2 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

you like your noses like your hockey---East/West.  I hear ya

I like North-South noses.  Those are the straight shooters that are easy to sidestep if necessary.

7 minutes ago, Br4d said:

I like North-South noses.  Those are the straight shooters that are easy to sidestep if necessary.

that's what i meant.  Ozzy likes east/west noses and hockey

3 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

This!

I'm sure he's doing that as well. 

His edgework and skating are what's going to keep him from becoming a vegetable, so this is just as important if he's going to continue in the role that everybody wants to see him in. 

Folks can't beg for him to be a face puncher and then complain when he's working on that and say he should be skating instead.

• Like 1

I expect he will work on it all in the off season. The kids got the fire in his belly to compete. He is not on the beach having cocktails and posting selfies, he is training.

BTW the class he was teaching on the ice was with a boxing club. I assume there is some reason he came in contact w the trainers there other than wanting to teach a class.

Cant wait to see this kid next year w some big club experience under his belt and some off season polishing!

The way Rempe seems to come across, I'm sure he's working on EVERYTHING.  This kid won't leave one stone unturned in order to be a good hockey player.  I find myself rooting for this kid like mad, and I really hope to see him succeed. 

Laraque is a great guy to learn from.  That fucker was one tough bastard! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

that's what i meant.  Ozzy likes east/west noses and hockey

I kinda like when it's more Northwest/Southeast actually....  😉