• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rempe Training in the Off Season

9 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

Everyone is so excited about Rempe next season but he may not even make the team out of camp.  He’s definitely not penciled in. 

Was just thinking the same thing. An Othmann or Berard makes the team and Rempe is out of the probable lineup.

21 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Was just thinking the same thing. An Othmann or Berard makes the team and Rempe is out of the probable lineup.

Exactly. Or Rempe could make it as a 13th forward. 

7 hours ago, knedragon said:

I would rather see him getting skating lessons and learn some edgework!

What do you think a elite level hockey player has been doing since age 6?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The thing Rempe needs to train this off-season is balance and control.  He's a big guy who gets dumped too often when he is skating at speed.  His elbows go the wrong places when he makes contact.  Those are the things he should be working on.

Edited by Br4d

I wouldn't worry about Rempe.  That kid works on his game like it's an obsession.  Guys like that succeed, and so will he.  I don't see anyway this kid won't be an everyday player starting this coming season.

I can't wait for the ballsy thread!

• Like 3
  • Keeps it 100 1

On 7/9/2024 at 11:18 AM, Br4d said:

The thing Rempe needs to train this off-season is balance and control.  He's a big guy who gets dumped too often when he is skating at speed.  His elbows go the wrong places when he makes contact.  Those are the things he should be working on.

Should take gymnastics for a year.

If this kid continues his pursuit of being a mainstay...and he works on staying on his feet....it is possible he becomes Wilson esque. High hopes but it isn't out of the question.

• Applause 1
  • Believe 1

18 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

If this kid continues his pursuit of being a mainstay...and he works on staying on his feet....it is possible he becomes Wilson esque. High hopes but it isn't out of the question.

The Kid is infatuated with being a good hockey player.  Now we just need him to breathe on a couple others!

• LOL 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Can he hook up with Brian Boyle's skating coach next?

His skating was decent for a dude his size. It can improve no doubt but he needs to work on board battles and retrieving pucks after scaring the living bajeeeezus out of defenders.

ad far as fighting.. we know he’s gonna do it so he should practice and be good at it at least. Love it. 

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Can he hook up with Brian Boyle's skating coach next?

My thoughts exactly. Working with a power skating coach probably added 10 years to Boyle's career. Not sure if it was Laura Stamm, but her group did and may still do power skating clinics all over the northeast. 

11 minutes ago, Bugg said:

My thoughts exactly. Working with a power skating coach probably added 10 years to Boyle's career. Not sure if it was Laura Stamm, but her group did and may still do power skating clinics all over the northeast. 

Barb Underhill. She's the Lightning skating coach.

• Like 1

Dawn Braid had been doing monthly skating sessions with Hartford this past season. If Drury/Martin could get her to work with Hartford, she'd probably making some kind of cameo during Rangers training camp. I'm sure Rempe also has someone he works with locally in Calgary.

1 hour ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Dawn Braid had been doing monthly skating sessions with Hartford this past season. If Drury/Martin could get her to work with Hartford, she'd probably making some kind of cameo during Rangers training camp. I'm sure Rempe also has someone he works with locally in Calgary.

I think Dawn Braid is who Laf took lessons from last season.  Would be great if she has been hired by the Rangers to help the draft picks skate well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Br4d said:

I think Dawn Braid is who Laf took lessons from last season.  Would be great if she has been hired by the Rangers to help the draft picks skate well.

Good pull.

Lafreniere said that he worked on his skating, edge-work and on improving his lower-body strength in his offseason program that was coordinated between the Rangers and his personal conditioning coach at home outside Montreal. The winger said that Dawn Braid, the Blueshirts’ skating consultant, came up to work with him a couple of times through the summer.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/28/alexis-lafreniere-has-fresh-opportunity-with-rangers-top-line/

Rempe might get the same treatment then.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1