• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rempe Training in the Off Season

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Pretty sexist comment bro

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

male skating instructors cant teach finesse or finding balance?

Y'all are getting sensitive. 

ice skating flip GIF

Edited by jsm7302

On 7/11/2024 at 11:11 AM, Bugg said:

My thoughts exactly. Working with a power skating coach probably added 10 years to Boyle's career. Not sure if it was Laura Stamm, but her group did and may still do power skating clinics all over the northeast. 

He's an elite hockey player , been taught how to skate since he was 6!

I don't think you guys understand that a guy like Rempe has been working with high end skating instructors for 15 years, and would be continuing that education to this day.

The thought that there's some profound unlocked potential there is foolish. Rempe is a fantastic skater, arguably the best skater on the planet for a man that size. I understand he doesn't have the edgework of Brayden Point, maybe there's a physical reason for that? lol.

10 minutes ago, Dunny said:

I don't think you guys understand that a guy like Rempe has been working with high end skating instructors for 15 years, and would be continuing that education to this day.

The thought that there's some profound unlocked potential there is foolish. Rempe is a fantastic skater, arguably the best skater on the planet for a man that size. I understand he doesn't have the edgework of Brayden Point, maybe there's a physical reason for that? lol.

Probably something to do with his center of gravity being around Point's armpits?

You can't change physics. He's always going to get up-ended, unless he's somehow becomes quadzilla. 

I actually have no problem with his skating. People are expecting an agility and nimbleness that you're just not going to get when you're moving something 7ft tall and 240 pounds across the ice. 

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Probably something to do with his center of gravity being around Point's armpits?

You can't change physics. He's always going to get up-ended, unless he's somehow becomes quadzilla. 

I actually have no problem with his skating. People are expecting an agility and nimbleness that you're just not going to get when you're moving something 7ft tall and 240 pounds across the ice. 

It’s exceedingly difficult for guys that size to manage a frame that big.

As said, he’s a very good skater with good speed and mobility at his enormous size. 
Also as stated, he’s toting around 240-250lbs. You’re not going to be fast and agile at that size. It’s just not possible.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Basketball players are fine, athletic and agile. I’d argue basketball requires even more agility and athleticism.  Unless, of course, Rempe is just not physically capable. 

21 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

Basketball players are fine, athletic and agile. I’d argue basketball requires even more agility and athleticism.  Unless, of course, Rempe is just not physically capable. 

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

The mechanics of skating and running are completely different so I'm not sure how you could even compare the two, but right off the bat one of them is being done on ice so I'm not sure how you're coming to this conclusion. 

• Bullseye 1

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

Basketball players are fine, athletic and agile. I’d argue basketball requires even more agility and athleticism.  Unless, of course, Rempe is just not physically capable. 

I suppose he'd be making 20 million as a bench option in the NBA if he had that level of coordination, and not slightly more than minimum wage in the NHL lol

• LMFAO 1

4 hours ago, Dunny said:

He is deceptively fast when he is on the move in a straight line.  Maybe one of the faster Rangers due to his stride length.

On 7/9/2024 at 1:45 AM, knedragon said:

I would rather see him getting skating lessons and learn some edgework!

Seriously. I don't give a crap if he wins a fight or gets beat up. That helps the team in no way. Learn how to play hockey better instead. I'd rather edstrom.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mdk154 said:

Seriously. I don't give a crap if he wins a fight or gets beat up. That helps the team in no way. Learn how to play hockey better instead. I'd rather edstrom.

Keep in mind the Rangers went 17-2-3 with Rempe in the lineup. The kid is a young 21 soon to be 22 years old and is working a lot on his game over this Summer. Laraque even said it himself! Edstrom contributed nothing. If he did Lavy would have stuck with him. Rempe brings an element we have not seen in an offensive rookie since God knows how long. 

Sorry my bad…. 

They are 21-3-1 with him in the lineup this season: 14-2-1 in the regular season and 7-1 in the playoffs

Edited by RangersLEETCH

7 minutes ago, RangersLEETCH said:

Is it me or doesn’t Georges Laraque looks like he can still kick ass! That guy is built! One bad ass moe fo! 
Ed 

One of the toughest to come down the pike!

14 minutes ago, RangersLEETCH said:

Keep in mind the Rangers went 17-2-3 with Rempe in the lineup. The kid is a young 21 soon to be 22 years old and is working a lot on his game over this Summer. Laraque even said it himself! Edstrom contributed nothing. If he did Lavy would have stuck with him. Rempe brings an element we have not seen in an offensive rookie since God knows how long. 

Sorry my bad…. 

They are 21-3-1 with him in the lineup this season: 14-2-1 in the regular season and 7-1 in the playoffs

Those stats are definitely not right and definitely don't matter. 

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Okay that’s cool.then you show me where it’s wrong. I have checked plenty of websites and they all say it. The stats do matter. It’s not the end all be all however, it shows when he’s in the lineup it had an affect on the Rangers play. 

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

One of the toughest to come down the pike!

Ozzy, Laraque has 200 NHL fights to his resume! His face looks fine! He never got knocked out in his career. I think he could still kick some of the top fighters buts today! 
Ed 

4 minutes ago, RangersLEETCH said:

Ozzy, Laraque has 200 NHL fights to his resume! His face looks fine! He never got knocked out in his career. I think he could still kick some of the top fighters buts today! 
Ed 

Dude is built like a football player. Imagine the pure strength being held at bay by him. Laraque and Brashear were two bad dudes. 

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

Ohh just to make one more point the following have printed the following about Matt Rempe in the lineup

New York Rangers insider had 16-1-0 on May 25, 2024

Daily faceoff had him 21-3-1

Newsday had him 21-3-1 

New York Post had him 20-3-1 

no matter what you look at the young kid made a tremendous impact. This Summer he is working on his game more. Wait and see how the Rangers do with him playing more and improved overall play.  

7 minutes ago, RangersLEETCH said:

Ed 

He's a beast!  He's rag-dolled his fair share and then-some!

14 minutes ago, RangersLEETCH said:

Okay that’s cool.then you show me where it’s wrong. I have checked plenty of websites and they all say it. The stats do matter. It’s not the end all be all however, it shows when he’s in the lineup it had an affect on the Rangers play. 

I mean they lost game 4 and 5 of the Florida series and Rempe dressed for both so I know the stats aren't right. 

Like any 4th liner he's not the reason they win or lose games. Especially when they win a game where he played 2 minutes. 

He can be a very good player for them if Laviolette allows him to play, and if he plays hockey and isn't a side show. 

I don't really care about the record as it's meaningless. If they dress him for every game they're not going 81 - 1. 

Edited by Pete