• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rempe Training in the Off Season

3 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Dude is built like a football player. Imagine the pure strength being held at bay by him. Laraque and Brashear were two bad dudes. 

Laraque is listed at 6’4 246 pounds! Those punches didnt shock they destroyed permanently. If you listen to his interview he gives an education on how to fight all the intangibles and details that go into fighting. Technique is huge. I didn’t know he was advising Rempe after he got pummeled by Olivier. Watch him fight Reaves his style changed his set up. Even the fight against Mcdermit vs the devils. Rempe had been in contact with Laraque. I was not aware of this. I don’t believe anyone was aware of it.i am so looking so forward to seeing the improvements from Rempe this year. 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

I mean they lost game 4 and 5 of the Florida series and Rempe dressed for both so I know the stats aren't right. 

Like any 4th liner he's not the reason they win or lose games. Especially when they win a game where he played 2 minutes. 

He can be a very good player for them if Laviolette allows him to play, and if he plays hockey and isn't a side show. 

I don't really care about the record as it's meaningless. If they dress him for every game they're not going 81 - 1. 

Oh Yes wE aRe!!!!!  LOL

We NeVur Luuse when ReMpE PlAYs!  😉

Realistically, I'm looking for the kid to improve to be a solid 4th liner that can maybe put up 20 points a season, and maybe kill penalties one day.  Lavvy will teach him, and Rempe being the coachable sort should pick it up pretty quickly I hope!

By the way, I found that war with Laraque and Brashear:  Great go of it by the 2 of 'em!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Oh Yes wE aRe!!!!!  LOL

Realistically, I'm looking for the kid to improve to be a solid 4th liner that can maybe put up 20 points a season, and maybe kill penalties one day.  Lavvy will teach him, and Rempe being the coachable sort should pick it up pretty quickly I hope!

By the way, I found that war with Laraque and Brashear:  Great go of it by the 2 of 'em!

Thats funny Ozzy Rangers going 81-1 next year when Rempe plays! Ha! LMAO! 
Wondering if the kid Brennan Othmann

is coming up will make the team? If so hopefully he has 25-30 goals in him! 

• LMFAO 1

3 minutes ago, RangersLEETCH said:

Othmann or Berard should be a lock for the roster next year. Will be interesting to watch the camp process play out.

1 hour ago, RangersLEETCH said:

Sure to 25-30 goals. Would sign up for that yesterday. Seems like a real stretch though at this point in his career. Who is he bumping to get that kind of opportunity? 

11 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Oh Yes wE aRe!!!!!  LOL

Damn

• Eyeballs 1

12 hours ago, RangersLEETCH said:

He’s got 60 in him. 

• LMFAO 1

14 hours ago, Scott said:

Sure to 25-30 goals. Would sign up for that yesterday. Seems like a real stretch though at this point in his career. Who is he bumping to get that kind of opportunity? 

Otherman is a LW . He could bump Vesey or Chytil who are LW. (As much as I would love to see Chytil play he’s very questionable in terms of health with 4 concussions already to his list) 

besides bumping a player off the roster you always need new blood to build your future. Also players can get injured anytime throughout the year and guy get bumped up … i.e. all the free agents Drury signed last year (wheeler) a number got injured, who came up ? Rempe, Edstrom. Rempe makes an outstanding impact. Will see what happens with Othermsn but I believe he’s going to get a shot. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RangersLEETCH said:

Otherman is a LW . He could bump Vesey or Chytil who are LW. (As much as I would love to see Chytil play he’s very questionable in terms of health with 4 concussions already to his list) 

besides bumping a player off the roster you always need new blood to build your future. Also players can get injured anytime throughout the year and guy get bumped up … i.e. all the free agents Drury signed last year (wheeler) a number got injured, who came up ? Rempe, Edstrom. Rempe makes an outstanding impact. Will see what happens with Othermsn but I believe he’s going to get a shot. 

Also I forgot to add players can be traded if play horribly and get sent down. 

19 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Take one blow to the head like that last one and you may not be even able to spell CTE.

Rempe has reserved for him a quiet room with the shades drawn and an ample supply of junk food.

The thing about Rempe is he actually has some hockey skills. He's not a bad skater and can handle the puck alright. It's a shame he is going to waste his Hulk like size on being a dumb fighter. If I were him I would work with a figure skating coach all off-season and do puck drills and become an absolute freight train that can put up points.

Imagine someone like him entering the zone on a powerplay or odd man rush? The D would be shitting themselves.

10 hours ago, BreakawayMachine said:

The thing about Rempe is he actually has some hockey skills. He's not a bad skater and can handle the puck alright. It's a shame he is going to waste his Hulk like size on being a dumb fighter. If I were him I would work with a figure skating coach all off-season and do puck drills and become an absolute freight train that can put up points.

Imagine someone like him entering the zone on a powerplay or odd man rush? The D would be shitting themselves.

Its not like he put on skates 2 years ago or started playing hockey last year. He’s been skating and stick handling all his life.  There isnt that much of an improvement he can generate.  Its 95% that he is what he is. 

Just read an article that he is training with Kreider for the rest of the summer. Unfortunately I don't pay for Newsday and could only read the first paragraph.

Makes ya wonder if Laffy, with all of his early struggles, did all this off season training to try and figure it out and it never made the press.

5 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

Laffy is a world class talent.  
Rempe is………..tall. 

Laffy sure looked like the next Manny Malhotra in his first couple seasons here, but alas he seems to have arrived. Just curious if he put extra work in.

18 hours ago, BreakawayMachine said:

You're right, man.  The only thing is that he's made a name for himself now, and he's a tough fucker.  Guys are going to challenge him, and he needs to be able to not only defend himself, to make sure he doesn't get hurt, but also intimidate the fuck outta teams by playing his brand of game.

I think he is pretty much who he is at this point; a 4th line mucker that can make a physical impact in a game.  He'll probably, at his high point put up maybe 12 goals and 13 assists in a season, but I think Rempe's true value will be in the playoffs where he can grind down defenseman over a 7 game series.

I know I wouldn't wanna be the guy going back to retrieve pucks off the back walls on dump in's!!!  😉

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

48 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Laffy sure looked like the next Manny Malhotra in his first couple seasons here, but alas he seems to have arrived. Just curious if he put extra work in.

Pretty sure he did. It was documented 

28 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You're right, man.  The only thing is that he's made a name for himself now, and he's a tough fucker.  Guys are going to challenge him, and he needs to be able to not only defend himself, to make sure he doesn't get hurt, but also intimidate the fuck outta teams by playing his brand of game.

I think he is pretty much who he is at this point; a 4th line mucker that can make a physical impact in a game.  He'll probably, at his high point put up maybe 12 goals and 13 assists in a season, but I think Rempe's true value will be in the playoffs where he can grind down defenseman over a 7 game series.

I know I wouldn't wanna be the guy going back to retrieve pucks off the back walls on dump in's!!!  😉

Yes you would. You like off the back walls dump ins   

• LMFAO 1
  • JIMMY! 1

13 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Ozzy, 

Laraque made a great point about how “good Rempe must be In order to make that team or crack that lineup.” You have to be good cause the Rangers are a very good team. In that 36 minute interview he says something along those lines. He even went onto say how Rempe forces the other teams hand. Teams have to be aware of this truck moving I think he said. I agree Rempe can provide that physicality in the playoffs and force teams to play differently. This is coming from a guy who played in the NHL. Let’s go Rangers! Rempe!! Rempe!! Rempe!! 
Ed 

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

On 7/26/2024 at 10:11 PM, RangersLEETCH said:

Ozzy, 

Laraque made a great point about how “good Rempe must be In order to make that team or crack that lineup.” You have to be good cause the Rangers are a very good team. In that 36 minute interview he says something along those lines. He even went onto say how Rempe forces the other teams hand. Teams have to be aware of this truck moving I think he said. I agree Rempe can provide that physicality in the playoffs and force teams to play differently. This is coming from a guy who played in the NHL. Let’s go Rangers! Rempe!! Rempe!! Rempe!! 
Ed 

“He is incredibly driven, incredibly focused and wants to get better every single day, and he’s going to,” Kreider said. “He’s got super discipline and incredible willpower. He’s going to keep on getting better. Scary … for every other team.”

that is what Chris Kreider said about Rempe last week. Rempe has been training with Kreider now. 
Ed