• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rempe Training in the Off Season

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

So the problem with evaluating Rempe is that one of the things he does pretty well is something that you don't value much, which is going to the net and just standing there as a screen possible deflection.  The Rangers have scored several goals in the last season, in the playoffs and so far this season because Rempe was doing the thing that most Rangers not named Kreider, Laf or Cuylle just do not want to do.

Edit: I do think Edstrom is ahead.  I think he's establishing himself as a top 9 NHL player and the Rangers really need that moving forward after whatever the cap massacre next season is.

If the Rangers win the cup this year next season we could be looking at:

Laf - Zibanejad - Smith

Cuylle - Trocheck - Perreault

Edstrom - Chytil - Kakko

Othmann - Brodzinski - Rempe

Unlikely but stranger things have happened.

Where did panarin go? Just scratch him the whole season for cap reasons? Have him back for playoffs? 

6 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Where did panarin go? Just scratch him the whole season for cap reasons? Have him back for playoffs? 

I think the insinuation is that he will be traded if they win the cup this season... Not sure why they'd re-sign Smith though. I'm sure they can do better. 

Kreider also isn't there. Also not seeing Othmann on the 4th with Edstrom on the 3rd. Whenever a fourth liner is exceptional in his role, there's people who want to move them up the lineup... Just because you're a good fourth liner it doesn't mean you can play on the third line. It's a different assignment. 

None of it makes sense to be honest.

Edited by Pete

3 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Can’t imagine the Rangers would get rid of their top 2 goal scorers after winning the cup.  Most teams try to keep championship teams together not take them apart.  If they win I don’t see Panarin or Kreider being moved.  

Kreider is probably going to be around as long as Zibby is on the team.
But if Panarin keeps his production at the same rate, i dont see how they csn keep him beyond his current contract 

I love Rempe, but I've devised a little formuls for the Vesey/Rempe debate:

Vesey > Rempe

There ya go!!!  I'd much rather have Vesey in the lineup if the choice is between those 2.  Vesey can do everything you need out of a 4th liner, and can also possibly slot up to the 3rd line in a pinch.  Rempe is still a kid and learning how to "NHL".  If Rempe is going to play, I'd think he plays over Brodz or maybe Edstrom...but right now Big Ed is looking pretty damn good out there.  He even whacked a guy in the fucking snout a couple times!