• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign Braden Schneider to 2-Year/$4.4M Extension; $2.2M AAV

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Hopefully Lindgren gets done soon, and then we'll have absolutely nothing to talk about until preseason. lol

That’s coming. When is anyone’s guess.

Doubtful he even gets to his arb hearing.

As I’ve said before, while it’s standard fir guys in his position to file for arb, he had to do it… there’s more risk involved with him doing so, given the way he plays and the injuries he’s had, and all of that. Even if they are lowballing him on a long-term deal or maybe they hadn’t offered that or whatever, we don’t know.

You still file if you’re him, cause you have to.

But he’s the kind of player that has to get a long-term deal. He takes a bigger risk on maybe playing on a 1 year arb award than most player. 

But it’s still likely to get done before the hearing. 

1 minute ago, RangersIn7 said:

That’s coming. When is anyone’s guess.

Doubtful he even gets to his arb hearing.

As I’ve said before, while it’s standard fir guys in his position to file for arb, he had to do it… there’s more risk involved with him doing so, given the way he plays and the injuries he’s had, and all of that. Even if they are lowballing him on a long-term deal or maybe they hadn’t offered that or whatever, we don’t know.

You still file if you’re him, cause you have to.

But he’s the kind of player that has to get a long-term deal. He takes a bigger risk on maybe playing on a 1 year arb award than most player. 

But it’s still likely to get done before the hearing. 

Yeah, I could see it happening this week now that Schneider's is done. Probably looking at a four-year deal, $4 million per for him.