• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Thinking of Attending the Rangers at Dallas Game in December

I’m thinking of attending a Ranger game this season, probably in Dallas. I’m from Louisiana and have never been to an NHL game. I started watching hockey in 2013 and picked the Rangers as my favorite team because of Henrik Lundqvist, and I’ve been a diehard fan since then. I really want to go to a game in December and am considering Dallas since I live in Louisiana. Has anyone here ever been to Dallas that can give me some tips on what sections away fans sit in and how close hotels are and how easy it is to Uber in the area? Also, do ticket prices usually drop closer to the games?

• Like 1

Phil
This post was recognized by Phil!

phillyb was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 1 points.

Just asked a friend who lives in Dallas what his take is. Avoid parking at arena. He recommends Ubering. According to the AAC wensite, the 49 bus takes you to American Airlines Center. It looks like the Green and Orange subways also stop there. 

psXAvL8.png

vkBqa6g.png

Regarding hotels, it looks like there are a lot of options, so just choose one that's affordable and has amenities. It's possible one might even have a shuttle to the arena. 

• Like 1

That’s a nice arena and a nice city to go see a game.

Dallas is obviously not a traditional hockey market but the Stars are very popular there, actually traditionally better than most Texas teams are and the fans do know hockey. 

You should go. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Dallas 2nd best goal song in the NHL.. 

Welcome to the board @KingHenrikNYR30

Also- if you are willing to roll the dice, you can get killer deals 30 minutes before damn near any game (or concert). The StubHub/Vivid sellers seem to start getting nervous 3 hours before.. Sweat em out. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

@KingHenrikNYR30 - glad you got on the bus. You’ve shown incredible smarts and have our utmost respect by espousing your patronage of the NYR team. May all your days be Blue…and may your stomach be lined with lead as you endure the rollercoaster ride known a “Rangers Hockey.”

Most of us here suffer debilitating medical and emotional problems due to our fandom. Our entire gastrointestinal tracts are shot due to binge drinking, drug abuse and consumption of copious amounts of bar food from meet-ups with other hockey addicts. But don’t let any of this dissuade you. You’re young. Your heart can take it. Oh, one last thing…all tombstones are required to feature the inscription, “LFGR!”

Happy Hour Party GIF by Two Lane Brewing

• Cheers 1

On 7/16/2024 at 11:09 PM, Phil said:

@EdMc28 @Blue Heaven — either of you travel to Dallas yet?

Dallas may be on my list this year. I finished the East (minus the new building in Detroit) and have hit a few in the West. Would like to keep it going. Friend of mine brought up Dallas. I have friends who have gone to Stars and Mavs games there who liked it.