• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rv's and Campers; Experiences and Advice?

jsm7302

My family is looking to purchase an RV; something that can accommodate 5/6 people. Anyone have one/ had one? Suggestions for brands, add on's, features? Will be pulling with a Chevy Traverse so I need weight to be under 5k.

Get a diesel. I watched my dad buy a gas as he thought he was "getting a deal".

Don't go with the Ford V10/12 gas jobs. They are both woefully underpowered, and gas guzzlers.

Also, avoid COVID built models. They had to get super creative to source parts for a couple years, there.

Also, just understand that they are a fuck tonne of work. I took our out a couple times, and as the dad, there's no relaxing. Great for everybody else, though.

Good thread. I've always been semi-interested in what it takes to own and maintain something like this.

BTW, what year is your Traverse and how do you like it? My wife and I have been looking at it since it's basically the biggest midsize 3rd row SUV, but considering going up to the full size bracket too.

11 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Good thread. I've always been semi-interested in what it takes to own and maintain something like this.

BTW, what year is your Traverse and how do you like it? My wife and I have been looking at it since it's basically the biggest midsize 3rd row SUV, but considering going up to the full size bracket too.

The Traverse is really nice; ours is a 2017 and it's the top of the line package from that year. I'd buy another when the time comes (but hopefully won't have to if these damn kids are out of the house!!)

• Like 1