• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Athletic NHL Front Office Ratings

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

I agree and over 7 game series it takes a lot more than luck to win.  Usually the best team rises to the top. 

Now tell us who scored the game winning goal in 2011-2012 vs Devils in December?

Gaborik.

Hagelin gave us a 2 goal lead on a short handed goal on a 2-on-1.

Then Gaborik his 2nd of the game. It was an empty netter.

😘

• Applause 1

I agree and over 7 game series it takes a lot more than luck to win.  Usually the best team rises to the top. 

Bad teams don't win anything.

Good teams win a lot.

Good teams without any luck don't win it all.

Good teams + luck win it all.

Edited by Pete

Now tell us who scored the game winning goal in 2011-2012 vs Devils in December?

Luck can be the differentiator between 2 equally good teams. There's nothing equal at 5v5 about the Rangers and Panthers, or the Rangers and quite a few teams.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

And yet somehow 1 goal the other way is the difference in every game.

Sigh.

Igor…and on a bargain contract. It’s been wasted, with supposedly one more year to make it count. Except there’s no urgency to make it count if that’s the plan. This should annoy everyone who actually want to enjoy seeing their team win a championship, but we know that doesn’t include you.

5 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Igor…and on a bargain contract. It’s been wasted, with supposedly one more year to make it count. Except there’s no urgency to make it count if that’s the plan. This should annoy everyone who actually want to enjoy seeing their team win a championship, but we know that doesn’t include you.

You just keep your repeating incorrect info in the hope that it sticks. Very Trumpy. 

Why is it so hard for you to grasp that you could want something to happen, and if it doesn't happen, you just get over it and move on? 

I feel like you're just kind of jealous that you're stuck on grievance and it's dominating your world. 

You should learn to get past disappointment. Because your standards are so "high" (el oh el), you're going to be disappointed often. 

Edited by Pete

17 minutes ago, Pete said:

You just keep your repeating incorrect info in the hope that it sticks. Very Trumpy. 

Why is it so hard for you to grasp that you could want something to happen, and if it doesn't happen, you just get over it and move on? 

I feel like you're just kind of jealous that you're stuck on grievance and it's dominating your world. 

You should learn to get past disappointment. Because your standards are so "high" (el oh el), you're going to be disappointed often. 

It’s not hard to grasp at all. I move on after losing every year. It’s too hard for you to grasp that being critical about it doesn’t mean it equates to being some kind of life and death view. It’s strictly a you problem.

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

It’s not hard to grasp at all. I move on after losing every year. It’s too hard for you to grasp that being critical about it doesn’t mean it equates to being some kind of life and death view. It’s strictly a you problem.

That's funny, because I don't have the problem. You're the one always bitching and blaming. Doesn't sound like you've moved on at all. It's August and you're still getting after it. But it's a me problem?

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Drury seems to excel at all of the mechanics, ins and outs, process, of the GM role.

When he's dropped the ball, it's been regarding misfiring (over/under evaluating) on talent. But noones got a crystal ball.

Biggest mistake has to be letting buchnevich go (and simultaneously flopping on blais). But he was betting on what should've been a slam dunk in Kakko.

• Keeps it 100 1

8 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

Drury seems to excel at all of the mechanics, ins and outs, process, of the GM role.

When he's dropped the ball, it's been regarding misfiring (over/under evaluating) on talent. But noones got a crystal ball.

Biggest mistake has to be letting buchnevich go (and simultaneously flopping on blais). But he was betting on what should've been a slam dunk in Kakko.

Quoted for perspective.

Drury is trying to balance winning today with being competitive for the next 10 years. The same people bitching about "missed opportunities" are the ones who'd be bitching if the team had to rebuild in 2 seasons rather than have a solid core built around Fox, Lafreniere, Miller, Schneider, Cuylle, Othmann, Perrault, (and probably Shesty who I think ultimately gets paid too much because he has them over a PR barrel), etc. These people would talk about how Drury screwed it up, gave too much away, etc, etc.

I think I read one comment here that said Drury "screwed up" by adding Kane and Tarasenko...That's just bananas. 15 other playoff teams would have had their fans jizzing, but GG didn't know what to do with them. That's not on Drury. Drury's job is to get the best players he can get and the coach's job is to find roles for them. The needed a RW and Drury got the best 2 on the market and only gave up 1 first rounder to do it.

The complaint was he added too much star power. Then the complaint this year was he only got role players (and looking at the prices and the outcomes of the other trades...glad he didn't get bent over).

I know you can't please all the people all the time, just seems like the same people just complain about everything. So when you're complaining about every aspect of the team, you might be the problem.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

That's funny, because I don't have the problem. You're the one always bitching and blaming. Doesn't sound like you've moved on at all. It's August and you're still getting after it. But it's a me problem?

Cracking Up Lol GIF

I can tell you’ve missed me immensely the last few weeks that I’ve barely posted. Right back to it. You getting ignored in the group text? I’m here sweetie.

• LMFAO 1

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I can tell you’ve missed me immensely the last few weeks that I’ve barely posted. Right back to it. You getting ignored in the group text? I’m here sweetie.

0/10

Go back on vacation. I'm sure there's a couch with your name on it. 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

0/10

Go back on vacation. I'm sure there's a couch with your name on it. 

Oh right. I’ve been enjoying my summer, and you’ve apparently just been stewing mad that people disagree with you about a hockey team on the internet. Got it

35 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Oh right. I’ve been enjoying my summer, and you’ve apparently just been stewing mad that people disagree with you about a hockey team on the internet. Got it

Nobody believes that you enjoy anything lol.

Continue to be a...Steve Jobs Apple GIF by GrowthX

I think Drury has been ok, not great, not bad. I thought the pickups of Tarasenko and to a lesser extent Kane were fairly solid at the time. I thought the year before he did a little better with Vatrano playing over his head, he seemed like a better fit and not trying to be shoehorned in. This past season the TDL additions were garbage on the whole. Didn't cost them much trade wise thankfully, but still ended up wasting an opportunity to maybe win one which would of also required more from a couple of their top players.

I don't really think any GM in an organization that's expected to excel is looking ten years down the road, especially in NY.  The odds of him being anywhere near this team in 10 years are long at best IMO unless he wins a cup or two along the way. 

We'll see how this one plays out. SO many key things up in the air lead by Igor's status, how much stink is Trouba going to leave on the ice (not sure he could be worse, hoping he can turn the clock back a little and lessen the huge cap hit some compared to his on ice performance) Mika just to name a couple. Don't think Reilly Smith will move any needle at all especially the one in my pants with what he brings, it's a maybe less than half pregnant move.

At the same time it's nothing but a guess as to what all the moves are/were available to Drury or any GM for that matter.  So when the question is asked what moves did he not make or should of made it's purely speculation almost every time, because we just don't know what options are or existed at the time or now.

Edited by Scott
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Quoted for perspective.

Drury is trying to balance winning today with being competitive for the next 10 years. The same people bitching about "missed opportunities" are the ones who'd be bitching if the team had to rebuild in 2 seasons rather than have a solid core built around Fox, Lafreniere, Miller, Schneider, Cuylle, Othmann, Perrault, (and probably Shesty who I think ultimately gets paid too much because he has them over a PR barrel), etc. These people would talk about how Drury screwed it up, gave too much away, etc, etc.

I think I read one comment here that said Drury "screwed up" by adding Kane and Tarasenko...That's just bananas. 15 other playoff teams would have had their fans jizzing, but GG didn't know what to do with them. That's not on Drury. Drury's job is to get the best players he can get and the coach's job is to find roles for them. The needed a RW and Drury got the best 2 on the market and only gave up 1 first rounder to do it.

The complaint was he added too much star power. Then the complaint this year was he only got role players (and looking at the prices and the outcomes of the other trades...glad he didn't get bent over).

I know you can't please all the people all the time, just seems like the same people just complain about everything. So when you're complaining about every aspect of the team, you might be the problem.

You’re bitching about other fans bitching. 😂