• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Legendary Rangers Voice Sam Rosen Retiring After Next Season — His 40th in Team's Booth

I know a lot of people have been calling for him to retire as he gets up there in age and flubs names from time to time, but it honestly never bothered me.

This makes me sad. I was born in 1987. I honestly can not remember anyone else calling the games and I’ve been watching my entire life. 

long live Sam. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

Personally, I hope Bob Wischusen gets a look. I think he is tremendous at PBP for hockey. I’m a Jets fan and love him with football but I think he’s just as good if not better with hockey. I know Kenny is the favorite but Wischusen is also a guy familiar with the local scene and he has done NYR games on MSG before. He called Jagrs 600th.

This all seems surreal. Knew it was coming but sucks to see it happening. Literally the soundtrack to the winter.

Win it again for Sam!

7 minutes ago, Niko said:

I know a lot of people have been calling for him to retire as he gets up there in age and flubs names from time to time, but it honestly never bothered me.

This makes me sad. I was born in 1987. I honestly can not remember anyone else calling the games and I’ve been watching my entire life. 

long live Sam. 

Man, I don't know what Rangers games sound like without Sam Rosen. Voice of three generations of Rangers fans at this point. 

36 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Personally, I hope Bob Wischusen gets a look. I think he is tremendous at PBP for hockey. I’m a Jets fan and love him with football but I think he’s just as good if not better with hockey. I know Kenny is the favorite but Wischusen is also a guy familiar with the local scene and he has done NYR games on MSG before. He called Jagrs 600th.

This all seems surreal. Knew it was coming but sucks to see it happening. Literally the soundtrack to the winter.

Win it again for Sam!

Yeah, I loved Bob doing a couple of games for us this year. I would be elated with either one, honestly. I'll puke if we wind up with Giannone or something.

Edited by Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Niko said:

long live Sam. 

It's this, to a tee...

Sam has earned the right to go out on his own terms, and if you don't like it mute the TV. 

That said, if they win, he may keel over. 

Edited by Pete
  • Bullseye 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Win it again for Sam!

100% good with either pick, but as someone who's listened to so many Kenny games on the radio over the years, I've been wanting to see him get the call-up for ages. He'd be my preference, but I'd be excited to land Wichusen. Much as I've come to really appreciate his personality, the guy I don't want is Gianonne.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

100% good with either pick, but as someone who's listened to so many Kenny games on the radio over the years, I've been wanting to see him get the call-up for ages. He'd be my preference, but I'd be excited to land Wichusen. Much as I've come to really appreciate his personality, the guy I don't want is Gianonne.

Kenny and Dave make a great team. I’d be half with Kenny as the guy, but I feel like he’s been doing the radio my whole life lol. 

14 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

There is no way they put Gianonne in there full time.  Guy sometimes sounds like he is having a stroke trying to keep up with the pace.  

Well then, that would be the move to make if they were searching for continuity.

Gianonne need not apply.

• LMFAO 2

3 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Win it again for Sam!

Fuck Sam, win it for the diehards!!

(not Pete)

• Believe 1