• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Summer Boredom Series: Would You Trade Adam Fox for Jack Hughes?

Would You Trade Adam Fox for Jack Hughes?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Trade Adam Fox for Jack Hughes

Phil
This post was recognized by Phil!

RichieNextel305 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 1 points.

*****THIS IS PURELY HYPOTHETICAL. PLEASE DO NOT DECIDE TO WANT TO THROW A BRICK THROUGH MY WINDOW WHILE I TRY TO SLEEP*****

Not sure how many of you follow BarDown. But on their Instagram page, as part of a long summer of nothing for hockey fans, they do this series where they super impose superstar players in their rival teams uniform. For example, McDavid as a Flame. Matthews as a Bruin. Kucherov as a Panther. 

Two of the ones they did today: Jack Hughes as a Ranger, Adam Fox as a Devil. Both look beyond weird.

But, it’s summer. There ain’t a fucking thing going on around these parts right now (beside the Sam news). So, figured, why not ask? 

I haven’t even given it a thought. But I’m curious to see what you people have to say about it so I’ll ask it here and see what you all think.

Would you trade Adam Fox to the Devils straight up for Jack Hughes?

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Like 1

Lots to consider.

Fox is 4 years older. 

For those saying we don't have a 1C, we also don't have a 1D. 

Hughes gets hurt every season. 

Fox is starting to show he can't get it done in the playoffs. 

I would lean towards just keeping Fox. Hughes is one of those guys who looks good on highlight reels but if you watch him every night, especially Ranger fans, would be picking this guy apart. 

Classic case of the grass is always greener. 

Probably no trade for me.

Fox still has some growth in him.  He should be a consistent 20g PPG blueliner.

Both of them have minor injury concerns with Fox's knees now becoming an area of concern.

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

One injury doesn't make it an area of concern for me. 

It wasn't one injury.  He went knee on knee against Aho and got hurt and then in the playoffs he went knee on knee against Jensen and aggravated the injury, effectively reinjuring the knee.

Hopefully he's going to be ok but mobile defense and knee injuries have a storied history in the NHL.

34 minutes ago, Br4d said:

It wasn't one injury.  He went knee on knee against Aho and got hurt and then in the playoffs he went knee on knee against Jensen and aggravated the injury, effectively reinjuring the knee.

Hopefully he's going to be ok but mobile defense and knee injuries have a storied history in the NHL.

Oh my god the hair splitting. It was't one injury, it was a re-aggravation? It's one knee that he was healthy enough to play through and he's 36 not 36 and he didn't have surgery. He'll be fine.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Lots to consider.

Fox is 4 years older. 

For those saying we don't have a 1C, we also don't have a 1D. 

Hughes gets hurt every season. 

Fox is starting to show he can't get it done in the playoffs. 

I would lean towards just keeping Fox. Hughes is one of those guys who looks good on highlight reels but if you watch him every night, especially Ranger fans, would be picking this guy apart. 

Classic case of the grass is always greener. 

Probably, maybe, and there's very little playoffs Hughes to go by, but when you break it down to the basics, I'm taking the faster center over the slower defenseman all day long. It's a begrudging yes for me.

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

Yes, every time. I'd trade a lot of different guys for the slow, gliding, disinterested defenseman. Fox is good but def overrated and watching his face when we messes up drives me nuts.

He's all chin!

9 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Yes, every time. I'd trade a lot of different guys for the slow, gliding, disinterested defenseman. Fox is good but def overrated and watching his face when we messes up drives me nuts.

Slow gliding disinterested overrated defenseman don't win Norris trophies. 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Slow gliding disinterested overrated defenseman don't win Norris trophies. 

I’ve always felt that “slow” was an inaccurate word to describe Fox’s skating. 
While he’s certainly not fast, I think we all just expect for defensemen who put up his type of offensive numbers to be burners, which he isn’t. 

His speed is about above average.

His overall skating quality though is excellent. 

Gretzky and Lemieux weren’t exactly Pat LaFontaine out there in terms of speed.

Point Is, it typically doesn’t matter. 

16 hours ago, Pete said:

Exactly, they could use a competent GM.

Yup.

They have, depending on which set of rankings you’re looking at, either the best or 2nd best organizational prospect pool in the NHL now.

But it’s because of suckitude and picking high. Not from superior scouting, good asset management, and shrewd drafting.