• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Mark Stone: "People Want to See the Golden Knights Crash and Burn"

No, you arrogant dickhead. People want to see you fall on your face because you fake having career threatening injuries until Game 1 of the playoffs every year when you magically heal so your team has cap room.

Again, I understand the crowd saying don’t be mad at him or Vegas. And hope your team does the same thing. I get it. But come on. If you’re him, just keep quiet and keep doing what you’re doing, at least. No need to add extra noise to the situation by playing dumb and acting confused as to why fans are so against the way you and your team operates.

This guy is one of the most arrogant and easy to hate players I can really ever remember. A colossal douche.

He's absolutely right. People have hated that team for having immediate success and going to the Stanley Cup Finals so early, and it had nothing to do with LTIR.

I remember people here on this board hating them immediately for no other reason than being good. 

I think it's a little of both. People don't like them because of their early success and the other shenanigans. I think the success part comes off as sour grapes, but the NHL did what they could to help that team be as successful as possible as early as possible. Never trust anything surrounding teams from Las Vegas in sports.

I went to Vegas for a bachelor party their second season. It ended up being a Friday afternoon game. We got all screwed up because of the time difference and whatnot. I couldn’t believe how packed it was for a weekday game, which is unheard of. It was like Nevada Day or some stupid shit. I loved it. Fans were great. Atmosphere was great. Vegas got slaughtered by Colorado. But other than that, pretty cool day.

I can’t speak for everyone. But I loved Vegas from the jump. Everything was cool. Loved their first year. Loved their fanbase seeing it firsthand. T-Mobile is amazing. I still recommend it to everyone to get there for a game.

So again, can only speak for myself, but this shit they’ve pulled hasn’t sat right with me. It’s not even then that I can’t stand. It’s him. He’s smug, he’s arrogant, and now to say this? He’s stupid. Everyone has an opinion and that’s mine. Again, want to pull this shit? Go ahead. But don’t act like other fans shouldn’t hate you because of it. Just don’t comment on it. Or if you do, just say something along the lines of fans are allowed to have their opinions and that’s fine. No need to twist it into an “Us Against The World” mantra. So dumb.

• Phil changed the title to Mark Stone: "People Want to See the Golden Knights Crash and Burn"
2 hours ago, Pete said:

He's absolutely right. People have hated that team for having immediate success and going to the Stanley Cup Finals so early, and it had nothing to do with LTIR.

I remember people here on this board hating them immediately for no other reason than being good. 

I don't remember this at all. It's the cap fuckery they're hated for, and specifically his damn near yearly trips to LTIR that magically fix themselves for game one of the playoffs. People do hate the Knights, and they do want to see them fail. Not because they were successful, but because they violate the spirit of the CBA.

• Keeps it 100 2

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

I think it's a little of both. People don't like them because of their early success and the other shenanigans. I think the success part comes off as sour grapes, but the NHL did what they could to help that team be as successful as possible as early as possible. Never trust anything surrounding teams from Las Vegas in sports.

Maybe I've just not seen it, but I've literally never seen hate of any kind over them winning. The two things they're most criticized for are their lack of loyalty to players (see Fleury sword) and their rat fuckery of the NHL's injury rules regarding the cap.

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

I don't remember this at all. It's the cap fuckery they're hated for, and specifically his damn near yearly trips to LTIR that magically fix themselves for game one of the playoffs. People do hate the Knights, and they do want to see them fail. Not because they were successful, but because they violate the spirit of the CBA.

It's this. I get it is within the rules but it goes along with life. Just because it isn't a crime, doesn't mean it isn't offensive behavior. Wrong by statute and wrong by morality are two different standards. They circumvented the cap in a sleezeball way....TWO YEARS IN A ROW.

It's a poor way to run a franchise because it will put an asterisk next to your Cup win. "They won a cup BUT......"

26 minutes ago, Phil said:

Okay, you don't remember it, that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Not sure how you could definitively speak for a group of people as to why they hate that team. 

There were absolutely people who were whining about Vegas going to the finals because they've never seen the Rangers go to the finals and they were all pissed off because they have to wait forever for a cup and Vegas was in the mix immediately. 

15 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

It's this. I get it is within the rules but it goes along with life. Just because it isn't a crime, doesn't mean it isn't offensive behavior. Wrong by statute and wrong by morality are two different standards. They circumvented the cap in a sleezeball way....TWO YEARS IN A ROW.

It's a poor way to run a franchise because it will put an asterisk next to your Cup win. "They won a cup BUT......"

Nobody's saying Tampa Bay won a cup but... One of those cups came in a bubble and because they had Kuch on LTIR. 

Edited by Pete

14 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Right. And it manifested itself again in a big way when Tampa won. People litearlly printed fucing t-shirts that read "18 million over the cap" — the same shirt that Kucherov later wore, celebrating one of their victories, which only fanned the flames.

kucherov.png?w=1010&h=576&crop=1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Nobody's saying Tampa Bay won a cup but... One of those cups came in a bubble and because they had Kuch on LTIR. 

They literally are, though. "18M OVER THE CAP."

1 minute ago, Phil said:

They literally are, though. "18M OVER THE CAP."

Maybe they said it at the time but they aren't saying it now. All anyone complains about is Vegas. 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Okay, you don't remember it, that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Not sure how you could definitively speak for a group of people as to why they hate that team. 

There were absolutely people who were whining about Vegas going to the finals because they've never seen the Rangers go to the finals and they were all pissed off because they have to wait forever for a cup and Vegas was in the mix immediately. 

I'm not trying to speak for anyone. I'm pushing back against what I don't think is actually true. I think they're despised for their cap shenanigans more than any other thing. I'm sure some people are jealous of their immediate success, but generally speaking, in my experience, the reason they're dragged, above all others, is the cap.

Just now, Pete said:

Maybe they said it at the time but they aren't saying it now. All anyone complains about is Vegas. 

Again, just not my experience. Kucherov pulled the same shit Stone is accused of just two years ago.

Just now, Phil said:

Again, just not my experience. Kucherov pulled the same shit Stone is accused of just two years ago.

Yes, I know this. My point is nobody talks about it anymore. Nobody cares.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

I'm not trying to speak for anyone. I'm pushing back against what I don't think is actually true. I think they're despised for their cap shenanigans more than any other thing. I'm sure some people are jealous of their immediate success, but generally speaking, in my experience, the reason they're dragged, above all others, is the cap.

It doesn't change the fact that what Stone set is true. People have hated that team since they came into the league, for one reason or another. The latest reason is LTIR. The reasons before it are because they change the rules of the expansion draft, then Vegas was super fucking shrewd in the way they approached it, and then they were immediately successful.

Edited by Pete