• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bruins Re-Sign Jeremey Swayman to 8-Year/$66M Extension; $8.25M AAV

• Phil changed the title to Jeremy Swayman Seeking $10 Million Per Season on New Deal
  • 3 weeks later...

Come to think of it, this is good for the rangers in negotiations with Shesty. If Swayman doesnt get his asking price from Boston, he will probably get less as a UFA. This might scare Shesty and he might take a lesser number so he doesn’t end up in Calgary or Winnipeg

14 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

Come to think of it, this is good for the rangers in negotiations with Shesty. If Swayman doesnt get his asking price from Boston, he will probably get less as a UFA. This might scare Shesty and he might take a lesser number so he doesn’t end up in Calgary or Winnipeg

Why would he? I thought most players gets more on the open market.

I get that paying 10m for a goalie isn't desirable, especially for one that's never played 50 games a season before, but are we forgetting how stupid and desperate GM's can be? I can't bother looking up all the teams cap situation but I'm sure there's a GM out there with a decent amount of cap space thinking he's only a great goalie away from contending.

• 2 weeks later...

Boston offered a $64 Million dollar deal to Swayman. 8x8. Neely met with the media today. Hard to imagine this looks like it’s going to linger into the season. Seems like both sides are getting temperamental with one another now too.

Edited by RichieNextel305

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I mean I kind of understand Igor POV, but not Swayman.

Dude won 1 Vezina; is that enough to believe you're better than everyone else? 

As far as Swayman; he knows once they sold Ullmark, he had the upper hand and he is playing it. Id love to see both of these guys sold to Utah and Winnipeg. 

48 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This is going to be ugly. 

Because of this? Of course he was named starter — Swayman litearlly isn't under contract lol.

The shit Neely said is more likely to ruffle feathers.

• Bullseye 1