• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

YES Network, MSG Networks to Partner on New App Offering Live Digital Streaming of MLB, NBA, NHL Teams

• Phil changed the title to YES Network, MSG Networks to Partner on New App Offering Live Digital Streaming of MLB, NBA, NHL Teams
On 8/29/2024 at 7:23 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

So is this already replacing MSG+ and does it still work with a cable log in?

I'm hoping the cable login will allow viewing when I'm on the road or out of the country. Likely not though as I won't be connecting to my local network. There's always internet radio and that works well.

Just wait a couple of years they are going to do what rest in TV land are doing n will start making games exclusive to the app n no msg broadcast ensuring you need to spend three or four large to watch every game in the season. 

15 hours ago, Dem said:

Just wait a couple of years they are going to do what rest in TV land are doing n will start making games exclusive to the app n no msg broadcast ensuring you need to spend three or four large to watch every game in the season. 

We would love the future of 'al la carte' television, they said. lol

• Believe 1

28 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

We would love the future of 'al la carte' television, they said. lol

"I'm going to cut the cord because I'm tired of spending money on channels I don't watch." 

5 years later...bundles. 

It's almost like content providers need you to subscribe to all of their offerings to be profitable, so they attach their less desirable channels or streams to the more desirable ones so that you have to pay for everything anyway...

Time is a flat circle. 

20 minutes ago, Pete said:

"I'm going to cut the cord because I'm tired of spending money on channels I don't watch." 

5 years later...bundles. 

It's almost like content providers need you to subscribe to all of their offerings to be profitable, so they attach their less desirable channels or streams to the more desirable ones so that you have to pay for everything anyway...

Time is a flat circle. 

It sure is. I think pretty much everyone saw this coming anyway.

How about…

Season Ticket - a subscription to every game without blackout. $5/per isn’t entirely unreasonable but they won’t lower that to $2-3 because, well, because. 

Casual Fan - similar to partial plans at MSG, you pick a “5-pack” or “10-pack” or maybe just weekends. That’ll cost you $10-15/per. 

Single Game - variable ‘demand’ pricing depending upon the opponent. $15-30/per or something like that. 

I didn’t think this through all that much but at least it’s a plan. Maybe this will make me a Telecommunications Executive. 

ALL plans add live mics from the ice so you can really hear the smack-talk. Yes!

Edited by 4EverRangerFrank

I'd really love to see an MSG service that is available everywhere.  I'm in California and I'd love to be able to watch MSG pre and post game shows and other programming.  Instead I get 80% of games on ESPN+, but need a cable subscription to get the 5-6 Rangers games that air on NHL Network each year and either a cable subscription or a subscription to Max which carries TNT and TBS sports for the 5-6 national games.   All those packages to see the games and I still can't watch the pre and post-game.

• Keeps it 100 1

On 9/12/2024 at 7:16 PM, deejaid said:

I'd really love to see an MSG service that is available everywhere.  I'm in California and I'd love to be able to watch MSG pre and post game shows and other programming.  Instead I get 80% of games on ESPN+, but need a cable subscription to get the 5-6 Rangers games that air on NHL Network each year and either a cable subscription or a subscription to Max which carries TNT and TBS sports for the 5-6 national games.   All those packages to see the games and I still can't watch the pre and post-game.

But it still makes me homicidal the NHL Network refuses to provide a stream that can be accessed with a cable subscription (as I can with both TNT and TBS). I seem to invariably be away from home when they play on NHLN and am forced to stomp around, beat my chest and howl at the moon.

On 9/11/2024 at 2:47 PM, Pete said:

Time is a flat circle. 

If you want to watch Premiere League here in Norway you have to have a full subscription on the app "Viaplay" which costs around 80$. If you want to watch series, films and all other sports on their app you pay "only" 40$, but there's no way to pay for only PL.

Now it's estimated that around 200k (out of 2m in the country) households use IPTV and rapidly increasing. It's like they've learned nothing from the music industry. If you charge the customers too much, even when you have monopoly, they will find other options.

• Bullseye 1