• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tony DeAngelo Would 'Love to Be in Edmonton,' Is Willing to Play for Cheap

“I’ll throw one other name at you that I don’t think has gotten much play internally but I think is a better player than all the names that I mentioned and who’s still unsigned: Tony DeAngelo,” Seravalli said. “I think what you’re talking about is the potential for a 50-point defenceman on your team that is still in his 20s, that is ready, willing, and able to play for close to the league minimum, and would absolutely love to be in Edmonton.”

“When it comes to filling this roster — and the Oilers have shown this before, think about the player we were just talking about in Evander Kane — like, it can’t be a popularity contest,” Seravalli added. “I say this all the time when we talk about building a team. Are we looking to have a team of nice guys who win in the community, or are we looking to have a team that wins the Stanley Cup? I think there’s a way to blend both of those missions, but I’m not leaving any stone unturned on trying to win a Stanley Cup.”

https://oilersnation.com/news/seravalli-tony-deangelo-would-love-to-be-in-edmonton-is-willing-to-play-for-cheap?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• LMFAO 1

19 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I kinda hope he sticks around a little longer.  I really enjoy fans of all his past teams booing the shit out of him!  ...especially at MSG!

I’m in this boat as well. I can’t stay away from his drama lol. 

• LMFAO 1

2 hours ago, phillyb said:

I’m in this boat as well. I can’t stay away from his drama lol. 

Right Philly???

He's such a dick, that it just feels good to watch him implode!

• Keeps it 100 1

Tony has had more than enough shots and pissed it all away. 

"All I need to be successful is to play for nothing with the best player in the world!"

Odd strategy to try and stay in the NHL when you tried really hard to become intolerable in the NHL. 

I just can't believe he stole K'Andre's puck and gifted it to David Duke.

Or, when he was so racist in Sarnia he got suspended, and there wasn't even a minority on the team. I mean, how racist do you have to be to get suspended for racism against a teammate on a team with no minorities. Just wild. Also, he's Italian. Are they even white? Not where I come from, that's for sure. Maybe he's confused?

What I don't understand is how all the guys in the league keep lying about him and saying how he's a great teammate, and if you follow along with his life, he seems to have so many friends in the league? Why do they keep that gag going? Also, why does he donate so much of his time to youth hockey? He's always working with youth hockey players. I don't get it.. Pete told me he sucks, so like fuck, why would kids want anything to do with that?

Just wild stuff.

• Like 2
  • LMFAO 1

Just now, Dunny said:

Or, when he was so racist in Sarnia he got suspended, and there wasn't even a minority on the team. I mean, how racist do you have to be to get suspended for racism against a teammate on a team with no minorities. Just wild. Also, he's Italian. Are they even white? Not where I come from, that's for sure. Maybe he's confused?

What I don't understand is how all the guys in the league keep lying about him and saying how he's a great teammate, and if you follow along with his life, he seems to have so many friends in the league? Why do they keep that gag going? Also, why does he donate so much of his time to youth hockey? He's always working with youth hockey players. I don't get it.. Pete told me he sucks, so like fuck, why would kids want anything to do with that?

Just wild stuff.

Just because there isnt a minority around doesn't mean it is not racist when you say derogatory things about minorities lol

Tony was given chance after chance after chance. bounced around organizations, constantly being an issue. Some teammates might love him, sure. I don't have a problem with anyone saying he's a good teammate. But a good teammate doesn't get himself bounced from the organization because he swung away when he's already on strike 2.999999 

He didn't get suspended for racism. He got suspended for calling a teammate a faggot. He's guilty of being a late adapter to not using the word by about 6 months. Previous to that, I've heard that word used on the ice approximately 3,781,791,034 times.

My kids coach is a former black NHL player and thinks Tony is sweet shit.

He has burned himself, but that's just human nature for many. He's also put up elite numbers, I'd say given a clean slate with the Oilers.. Let's just say that sounds very intriguing.

45 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Just wild stuff.

Don't forget, he slams penalty box doors really really hard. 

56 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Just wild stuff.

And yet...can't get an NHL job. But maybe you're right...And all those people who actually know him met him, and got rid of him (sometimes twice!)...are wrong.

5 hours ago, Dunny said:

He didn't get suspended for racism. He got suspended for calling a teammate a faggot. He's guilty of being a late adapter to not using the word by about 6 months. Previous to that, I've heard that word used on the ice approximately 3,781,791,034 times.

My kids coach is a former black NHL player and thinks Tony is sweet shit.

He has burned himself, but that's just human nature for many. He's also put up elite numbers, I'd say given a clean slate with the Oilers.. Let's just say that sounds very intriguing.

He's a meathead who can't keep his mouth shut nor his emotions in check; basic common sense workplace behavior for anybody in almost any workplace. Yes, he gave up a shit goal, Tony , we all saw it. That's bad enough.  SHUT THE FUCK UP. As was once told to me and have told other since; you can have an unexpressed idea; nobody gives a fuck about your inner monologue or "your truth" ;  Deangelo doesn't get it. And as a result he's cost himself a long term NHL career and millions of $. And really while he's got holes in his own end, he has some serious offensive talent, but coaches and GMs don't want to deal with his bullshit. 

And further, I probably agree with his politics, as I imagine some players, GMs and coaches also do . And so what; there is a time and place for things. And when you keep running your mouth when nobody asked you or gives a fuck about it, it's not everyone else, it's YOU. 

• Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1