• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Johnny Gaudreau and His Brother Matthew Gaudreau Dead After Being Struck by Vehicle in New Jersey

56 minutes ago, H-Dreamer said:

https://www.101espn.com/news/columbus-blue-jackets-star-johnny-gaudreau-killed-after-being-hit-by-alleged-drunk-driver-police/

Supposedly visibility wasn't the best to begin with. This is just insanely stupid.

Sadly his drunkeness will probably help him in court....

everyone in such a fucking rush and no regard for safety. going 55 for 20 seconds to pass a guy going 45 will end up helping you arrive 6 seconds sooner than you would have. People are so fucking impatient on the road (even when not drunk) 

sounds like this drunk was just insisting another car was going too slow for him so he just had to get around him even if he couldn't do it safely

I'm in shock. This is insane on so many levels. The time spent dedicated to their craft from the parents to the sacrifices of their current families, is beyond sad and now for naught. Not many have the talent to be one of the best in the world at anything. Tragic tragic unnecessary loss.

1 hour ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

everyone in such a fucking rush and no regard for safety. going 55 for 20 seconds to pass a guy going 45 will end up helping you arrive 6 seconds sooner than you would have. People are so fucking impatient on the road (even when not drunk) 

sounds like this drunk was just insisting another car was going too slow for him so he just had to get around him even if he couldn't do it safely

Somebody flipped me off last week for going too slowly when I was already doing like 65-70 in a 55.

Its just ridiculous 

34 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Somebody flipped me off last week for going too slowly when I was already doing like 65-70 in a 55.

Its just ridiculous 

Everyone thinks the road is theirs. I’m a relatively inexperienced driver (got my license at age 30) so maybe I’m just not as comfortable as most drivers are but I just constantly assume someone’s gonna be a shithead 

driver that killed Johnny gliding in and out of traffic passing everyone, told cops he had 5-6 beers which is what you say when you’ve had 10-12

maybe it just never makes the news when a drunk driver kills themselves but why does it seem like it’s always the innocents getting hurt and the selfish pricks always end up unscathed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Everyone thinks the road is theirs. I’m a relatively inexperienced driver (got my license at age 30) so maybe I’m just not as comfortable as most drivers are but I just constantly assume someone’s gonna be a shithead 

driver that killed Johnny gliding in and out of traffic passing everyone, told cops he had 5-6 beers which is what you say when you’ve had 10-12

maybe it just never makes the news when a drunk driver kills themselves but why does it seem like it’s always the innocents getting hurt and the selfish pricks always end up unscathed 

Over here we have dedicated bike lanes on most roads and I still wouldn't use them, because I am not the most confident cyclist and there's tons of reports of Drivers intentionally getting very close to those bike lanes to scare cyclists and other stupid stuff. Like they are mad that a fraction of the road was "stolen" from them.

Posted (edited)

“So…I’m here until Thursday?” Higgins asked Judge Michael J. Silvanio at one point during the proceedings. When the judge explained that the usual 72-hour holding period was extended due to the holiday weekend, Higgins sat back in his chair and let out a heavy sigh.

https://nypost.com/2024/08/30/sports/alleged-drunk-driver-who-fatally-struck-johnny-gaudreau-brother-lets-out-exasperated-sigh-as-hes-ordered-held-another-week-behind-bars/

What a piece of fucking shit.

You just ruined a family. You killed 2 brothers. And on the day before their sister was to walk down the aisle. And you have the audacity to essentially complain about having to spend extra time in jail because of the holiday weekend? An absolute disgrace to humanity who hopefully never sees the light of day the rest of his pathetic life. I’m embarrassed to share oxygen with this fucking asshole. Disgrace.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • JIMMY! 1

45 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Kevin Hayes is gonna be going through it right now

if you want to keep dry eyes don't watch his insta story

Yepp lost his brother and a good friend in what 2 years? That’s rough 

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

https://nypost.com/2024/08/30/sports/alleged-drunk-driver-who-fatally-struck-johnny-gaudreau-brother-lets-out-exasperated-sigh-as-hes-ordered-held-another-week-behind-bars/

You just ruined a family. You killed 2 brothers. And on the day before their sister was to walk down the aisle. And you have the audacity to essentially complain about having to spend extra time in jail because of the holiday weekend? An absolute disgrace to humanity who hopefully never sees the light of day the rest of his pathetic life. I’m embarrassed to share oxygen with this fucking asshole. Disgrace.

Sir, you killed a high profile athlete. You’re going to jail for a long time. Do not pass go. Get fucked. 

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I just watched the video. Don’t think I heard him sigh. 

Unless I miss my guess he's behind bars now and won't come out again.

I guess it comes down to whether he has enough property to make bail.  There's no bail bondsman on earth that's going to cut him a break here because conviction is almost a foregone conclusion and those people tend to run when they get the chance.

18 hours ago, Br4d said:

Unless I miss my guess he's behind bars now and won't come out again.

I guess it comes down to whether he has enough property to make bail.  There's no bail bondsman on earth that's going to cut him a break here because conviction is almost a foregone conclusion and those people tend to run when they get the chance.

No bail in NJ. Judge weighs crime, risk to the public and flight risk to determine if defendents will be held indefinitely, released with conditions or released without conditions. This dude will be held.

• Like 1

This was alcohol, but there is an epidemic of driving while stoned due to legalization.  It's starting to show up in accident stats.  I was talking with a lawyer who specializes in DWI, and he said very few of the calls he gets are from people arrested for driving stoned, not because there isn't a lot of that going on, but because given that there is no easy test, getting convictions is more difficult and complicated so cops don't bother arresting them.  Expect to hear more about this issue.  It's funny that mums against drunk driving hasn't seemed to issue a word about it.

The easy test issue is huge.

We need to find a way to identify THC in active process vs THC exposure over time.  That's how you'd get convictions for DUI/Marijuana.

THC exposure over time is a useless test/stat because THC stays in the body for a long time, sometimes months.

15 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

This fucking sucks ass but why the fuck were they riding their bikes after dark on unlit Jersey streets? Jersey roads dont have streets lights, especially down south. Its just terrible all around 

Eh, victim blaming ain't the answer. Maybe being nostalgic about childhood, maybe being responsible after celebrating the upcoming wedding and not getting behind the wheel of a motor vehicle, maybe just getting some exercise in. No matter how it is spun, they were safely obeying laws and just living their best lives. No one is to blame but the schmuck that left his lane and struck both of these guys. It's bad enough he was impatient and an aggressive driver, adding in the aggravating factor of being under the influence is just purely unacceptable. Let's hope the Prosecutor goes the distance with this one for max sentencing. I've seen WAYYY TOO many plea deals over technicalities that make a case unstable in front of a jury. Gotta hope solid police work leads to a solid prosecution.

46 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Eh, victim blaming ain't the answer. Maybe being nostalgic about childhood, maybe being responsible after celebrating the upcoming wedding and not getting behind the wheel of a motor vehicle, maybe just getting some exercise in. No matter how it is spun, they were safely obeying laws and just living their best lives. No one is to blame but the schmuck that left his lane and struck both of these guys. It's bad enough he was impatient and an aggressive driver, adding in the aggravating factor of being under the influence is just purely unacceptable. Let's hope the Prosecutor goes the distance with this one for max sentencing. I've seen WAYYY TOO many plea deals over technicalities that make a case unstable in front of a jury. Gotta hope solid police work leads to a solid prosecution.

I am not absolving the driver (i thought someone would think so), i’m saying Gaudreaus didnt make a smart decision by riding bikes after dark.