• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Johnny Gaudreau and His Brother Matthew Gaudreau Dead After Being Struck by Vehicle in New Jersey

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I'm sorry if this is a bit off topic, but .08%?! You guys are crazy. .08% you're drunk lol. The legal limit here in Norway are .02%.

It's why we have so many drunk driving accidents. People don't know what a .08% looks like or is. Hell, as a cop we had to go through pretty extensive training to determine roadside without an alcotest if someone was impaired at or beyond the .08% limit. Not the easiest task at times because it looks different with every single person. .02% is pretty clear. Stop yourself after having A SINGLE drink or TWO depending on the timing and type of drink obviously.

I think 2 and driving within a hour of that is my line. It's different for everybody. 

Doesn't sound like he was particularly drunk, but what he did have led to some aggressive driving choices, at a minimum, and that's on him, drunk, or not.

My question since the start of this may still be viewed as insensitive, but how drunk were the brothers? Will we ever know? 

They also made some very poor choices that led to this, as far as I can tell.

8 minutes ago, Dunny said:

I think 2 and driving within a hour of that is my line. It's different for everybody. 

Doesn't sound like he was particularly drunk, but what he did have led to some aggressive driving choices, at a minimum, and that's on him, drunk, or not.

My question since the start of this may still be viewed as insensitive, but how drunk were the brothers? Will we ever know? 

What makes you think they were biking while drunk?

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

Didn't they come from a wedding rehearsal?

I hadn't read that, so I had to go and look for it and all I found was one random report based on a single Buccigross tweet.

I'd wait to actually hear they had been drinking and were drunk before speculating anything. 

On 10/21/2024 at 3:36 PM, Dunny said:

I don't think it's insensitive as much as irrelevant. They made a conscious decision to legally ride a bicycle and were not in the lane of travel. They could've been walking, bike riding, sober, buzzed, drunk or whatever. They did nothing wrong but be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't think they made any poor choice that led to their demise tbh. The blame lies solely with the impatient drunk driver.

• Like 1

In addition to driving over the legal limit, the guy also made the decision to drink while driving, that alone is another indication that his string of poor choices is pretty long. He also has a history of overly aggressive driving and road rage. He checked a lot of boxes before even getting to the one that says did you kill to innocent people.