• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Charities

Albatrosss

We've donated to PBS yearly for every year since I've had kids. It's not a lot, but especially with my son, he loved their content, and it just felt right given how little it cost to do.

I've wanted to give to Wounded Warriors in the past, but their financials aren't great and they were ravaged by accusations of fraud and abuse around 2015. Last I remember, they only gave around 70% of their donations to vets. Great charities should be moving at least 90% of their funds directly to the cause.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

We do World Vision. I don't even want to see their Financials. Most of these NGOs are scams on the level of Canadian Junior Miners.

I did just donate to a Thai animal rescue shelter that looked good. "Soi". One of my brother lives there, is getting married next week (we're not going) and I wasn't giving them money lol. So I bought him a Thai street dog lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, Dunny said:

We do World Vision. I don't even want to see their Financials. Most of these NGOs are scams on the level of Canadian Junior Miners.

I did just donate to a Thai animal rescue shelter that looked good. "Soi". One of my brother lives there, is getting married next week (we're not going) and I wasn't giving them money lol. So I bought him a Thai street dog lol. 

They're at 89%, so that seems legit.

https://www.worldvision.org/giving-tuesday

• Cheers 1

We just did a charity gig at a church in Rocky Point.  This is the 3rd year they asked us to come back.  We actually raised over $5000 bucks for the 3rd year in a row.  I'm actually pretty proud of that one!

Listen....there's no fucking way I'm getting into Heaven, but at least I scored a few points with those gigs!!  LOL

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

We just did a charity gig at a church in Rocky Point.  This is the 3rd year they asked us to come back.  We actually raised over $5000 bucks for the 3rd year in a row.  I'm actually pretty proud of that one!

Listen....there's no fucking way I'm getting into Heaven, but at least I scored a few points with those gigs!!  LOL

nice, ozzy.  original music?

20 hours ago, Phil said:

We've donated to PBS yearly for every year since I've had kids. It's not a lot, but especially with my son, he loved their content, and it just felt right given how little it cost to do.

I've wanted to give to Wounded Warriors in the past, but their financials aren't great and they were ravaged by accusations of fraud and abuse around 2015. Last I remember, they only gave around 70% of their donations to vets. Great charities should be moving at least 90% of their funds directly to the cause.

20 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

Does anyone here donate to any charities? List any of your favorite charities.

I'm thinking to start donating to Wounded Warrior.  I saw their ad on TV and it kind of got to me. 

I realize it involves some research on your end, but all kinds of local charities across the country have missions aligned with or very close to Wounded Warriors. I'd heavily recommend finding one you like and donating that way. 

44 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I realize it involves some research on your end, but all kinds of local charities across the country have missions aligned with or very close to Wounded Warriors. I'd heavily recommend finding one you like and donating that way. 

Yup. It's on The List™ to get to one day.

Tunnels2Towers

https://t2t.org/?utm_source=sav&utm_medium=google&utm_campaign=search&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwiuC2BhDSARIsALOVfBLutCryO9aLQqY_e0kKnPkkHKd4w4XYT2TLEdLDAh8NDbIolq-TgEMaApYFEALw_wcB

Since its inception, the Foundation has been committed to practicing sound fiscal management, organizational efficiency and program integrity. Tunnel to Towers keeps fundraising and administrative costs at a minimum, with only a small percentage of funds allocated to overhead expenses. For the past several years, the Foundation’s program service percentage on average was 95% – 95 cents out of every dollar goes directly to our programs and services. Program service ratio is a key barometer used to measure operating effectiveness. For seven years running, the Foundation has achieved the highest rating, four stars from Charity Navigator, the nation’s largest and most-utilized evaluator of charities.

Edited by VegasRanger
  • CK20! 1

16 minutes ago, VegasRanger said:

Tunnels2Towers

https://t2t.org/?utm_source=sav&utm_medium=google&utm_campaign=search&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwiuC2BhDSARIsALOVfBLutCryO9aLQqY_e0kKnPkkHKd4w4XYT2TLEdLDAh8NDbIolq-TgEMaApYFEALw_wcB

Since its inception, the Foundation has been committed to practicing sound fiscal management, organizational efficiency and program integrity. Tunnel to Towers keeps fundraising and administrative costs at a minimum, with only a small percentage of funds allocated to overhead expenses. For the past several years, the Foundation’s program service percentage on average was 95% – 95 cents out of every dollar goes directly to our programs and services. Program service ratio is a key barometer used to measure operating effectiveness. For seven years running, the Foundation has achieved the highest rating, four stars from Charity Navigator, the nation’s largest and most-utilized evaluator of charities.

sorry bro, "never forget" has already been forgotten long time ago.  I mean we have protests supporting Hezbollah in NYC go unpunished.  I'm not wasting my money on a lost cause. 

3 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

sorry bro, "never forget" has already been forgotten long time ago.  I mean we have protests supporting Hezbollah in NYC go unpunished.  I'm not wasting my money on a lost cause. 

This doesn't sound like a lost cause... 🤷‍♂️

Since 9/11, we have been helping America’s heroes by providing mortgage-free homes to Gold Star and fallen first responder families with young children and by building specially-adapted smart homes for catastrophically injured veterans and first responders. We are also committed to eradicating veteran homelessness and helping America to Never Forget September 11, 2001.

Edited by Pete
  • CK20! 1
  • Applause 1

30 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

Thats gottabe an old quote. Those small children are already adults by now

Good point. I dunno. But I know guys in their 50s still suffering from first response... I doubt T2T is scamming. 

12 hours ago, Pete said:

Good point. I dunno. But I know guys in their 50s still suffering from first response... I doubt T2T is scamming. 

13 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

Thats gottabe an old quote. Those small children are already adults by now

T2T changed its mission in the past few years as it moved from supporting the families impacted by 9/11 specifically to a more open mission of ending veteran homelessness and providing housing for families who lost loved ones in active military conflict.

They've taken some flak for helping out Guiliani in the past few years. 

Only throwing this in there since I saw a lot of outpouring here for the Gaudreau family but there is a gofund me for the lesser known brother's family. Looks like they had a baby on the way and one young one already. Saw this posted in Spitting Chicklets podcast so I assume it's legit. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-madeline-and-baby-tripp-after-tragedy?lang=en_US&utm_campaign=fp_sharesheet&utm_content=amp9c&utm_medium=customer&utm_source=copy_link

• Applause 2