• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Charities

Albatrosss

19 hours ago, Keirik said:

Only throwing this in there since I saw a lot of outpouring here for the Gaudreau family but there is a gofund me for the lesser known brother's family. Looks like they had a baby on the way and one young one already. Saw this posted in Spitting Chicklets podcast so I assume it's legit. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-madeline-and-baby-tripp-after-tragedy?lang=en_US&utm_campaign=fp_sharesheet&utm_content=amp9c&utm_medium=customer&utm_source=copy_link

It's so heartwarming and incredible to see how much this has blown past the $30,000 ask. They're $600K over that now and it's not slowing down. I hope it hits a million.

• Keeps it 100 1

You guys are wasting your money donating to Wounded Warriors.  There are better charities to donate to if that is the type of donation you want to make.  They keep way too much money for themselves.

On 9/4/2024 at 12:20 PM, Albatrosss said:

sorry bro, "never forget" has already been forgotten long time ago.  I mean we have protests supporting Hezbollah in NYC go unpunished.  I'm not wasting my money on a lost cause. 

On 9/4/2024 at 8:58 PM, Albatrosss said:

Thats gottabe an old quote. Those small children are already adults by now

Its far from a lost cause.  They've shifted towards helping homeless Veterans and paying off the mortgages for NY first responders who were killed.  My Veteran hockey team recently played charity fundraiser games for the families of 2 killed cops and a fire fighter, two of which were also Veterans.  Both NYPD officers were killed in car accidents, one was on his way to work.  The FDNY firefighter was let go while still on probation due to some budget cuts.  He ended up dying of a hear attack within a year of being let go.  The family got nothing for it.  T2T paid off the mortgages and we were able to donate another several thousand dollars to the families from our games.  I would imagine they also still help anyone who is dealing with health issues due to working at Ground Zero.

Edited by SaveByRichter35
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

You guys are wasting your money donating to Wounded Warriors.  There are better charities to donate to if that is the type of donation you want to make.  They keep way too much money for themselves.

Its far from a lost cause.  They've shifted towards helping homeless Veterans and paying off the mortgages for NY first responders who were killed.  My Veteran hockey team recently played charity fundraiser games for the families of 2 killed cops and a fire fighter, two of which were also Veterans.  Both NYPD officers were killed in car accidents, one was on his way to work.  The FDNY firefighter was let go while still on probation due to some budget cuts.  He ended up dying of a hear attack within a year of being let go.  The family got nothing for it.  T2T paid off the mortgages and we were able to donate another several thousand dollars to the families from our games.  I would imagine they also still help anyone who is dealing with health issues due to working at Ground Zero.

Its a lost cause as far as 9/11, that’s what i meant. 
i already donate to the NYC police retirement fund, so similar charities don’t tickle my fancy. 

Edited by Albatrosss