• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Marc Staal Retires, Joins Rangers Player Development Staff

OMG - the comments on X are laughable and highly critical. "Maybe he can teach giving up last-minute goals...dumping pucks high into the air... or making snow angels" to quote a few. Yeah, no. My recollection was of a pretty good defense partner who along with Girardi was a reliable tandem. Teach our young guys how to man-up a bit more than we've seen and I'm happy. At times, we've been caught too often running around in our own end scrambling to get the puck out. There are plenty of reasons as we've all discussed and I'm keen on getting our Hartford guys ANY amount of education they can get before seeing B'way.

18 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

OMG - the comments on X are laughable and highly critical. "Maybe he can teach giving up last-minute goals...dumping pucks high into the air... or making snow angels" to quote a few. Yeah, no. My recollection was of a pretty good defense partner who along with Girardi was a reliable tandem. Teach our young guys how to man-up a bit more than we've seen and I'm happy. At times, we've been caught too often running around in our own end scrambling to get the puck out. There are plenty of reasons as we've all discussed and I'm keen on getting our Hartford guys ANY amount of education they can get before seeing B'way.

Reddit is just is bad. They're bringing up the fact that the Staals were anti-Pride night and they don't want this 'homophobe' in the organization. lol Clown show.

On 9/5/2024 at 12:35 PM, siddious said:

Can anyone help me find a scouting report on Staal from his draft? I suck at google 

someone on reddit has been posting old THN draft previews

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2Frk2do41jblhd1.png%3Fwidth%3D1700%26format%3Dpng%26auto%3Dwebp%26s%3Dc9932c2954e9f3a4dc78919c2f50f1c7b3f80512

not a big blurb but i think they got it pretty much on the nose with him

On 9/5/2024 at 1:41 PM, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Tanner glass is also a player dev. staff member. Sometimes having guys who had to battle their way to have a career is a good asset to have in your organization. Don't have to have all super stars in those roles. 

• Cheers 1
  • Believe 1