• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024-25 Training Camp Thread

Phil

• Phil pinned this topic
29 minutes ago, BreakawayMachine said:

Fairly happy with offensive prospects, but outside of Drew Fortescue coming down the pipe our defensive future is really hurting for great skating puck drivers.

Fortescue isn't a puck driver, he's a defense-first player with decent puck-moving abilities. The Rangers don't have any prospects matching your description. They have strong skating defensive players in Fortescue, Mancini, and Emery.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Fortescue isn't a puck driver, he's a defense-first player with decent puck-moving abilities. The Rangers don't have any prospects matching your description. They have strong skating defensive players in Fortescue, Mancini, and Emery.

My bad here, for some reason I thought he was play driver. thanks for the correction.

My god we are so effed

1 hour ago, BreakawayMachine said:

Fairly happy with offensive prospects, but outside of Drew Fortescue coming down the pipe our defensive future is really hurting for great skating puck drivers.

Which is fine. Fox and Lindgren aren’t going anywhere for a few. Millet and Schneider will be here a while. Trouba will get a lifetime contract one of….. you know what I couldn’t even finish that joke 

7 minutes ago, BreakawayMachine said:

Is anyone else a really big Edstrom fan and wants him to be permanent on the big club? I like his game, he is huge, skates well and honestly his stick handling is pretty sick.

could be more useful than Vesey

2 hours ago, BreakawayMachine said:

Is anyone else a really big Edstrom fan and wants him to be permanent on the big club? I like his game, he is huge, skates well and honestly his stick handling is pretty sick.

The Rangers roster this season was at its best when those two were in the lineup. I'm not saying it's not for any other reason, lots of things go into it, and I'm not saying we would have won the cup since Rempe was not effective when he had a few chances against Florida, but when those two first entered the lineup and were running around causing mayhem, that was the best hockey the team was playing. 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

5 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, Rempe not being there is pretty telling. I'm excited to see this up. A couple weeks away from the first preseason game!

How will the team win any games without him?