• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024-25 Training Camp Thread

Phil

20 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/new-york-rangers/latest-news/multiple-rangers-prospects-standout-in-dramatic-rookie-game-victory

Sounds like Edstrom, Othmann and Robertson are going to be the camp stand outs. Looking forward to it!

On another note....do we believe Zac Jones will get a shot this year?

I hope Zac Jones gets a shot.  He has real chemistry with Laf.

I'm really hoping Edstrom cracks the starting lineup this season. Remember for a good chunk of last season we had some dead weight in the lineup like Pitlick and the husks of Bonino and Wheeler. Assuming Edstrom and maybe one more guy can crack the lineup, it will help. I think our depth is certainly a bit better this year. It really can't be much worse than watching those guys. Chytil being healthy (you hope) and productive (you hope) is also very important to the team's success this year.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I'm really hoping Edstrom cracks the starting lineup this season. Remember for a good chunk of last season we had some dead weight in the lineup like Pitlick and the husks of Bonino and Wheeler. Assuming Edstrom and maybe one more guy can crack the lineup, it will help. I think our depth is certainly a bit better this year. It really can't be much worse than watching those guys. Chytil being healthy (you hope) and productive (you hope) is also very important to the team's success this year.

Him and Rempe on the 4th were a force. You could tell teams didn’t know how to deal with that size. 

hope we see it all season long 

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

Him and Rempe on the 4th were a force. You could tell teams didn’t know how to deal with that size. 

hope we see it all season long 

Good chance. Rempe not being at the rookies camp is a big tell. At the very least, he'll be here. But yeah, that combo could be something. 

• Like 1