• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024-25 Training Camp Thread

Phil

I don't think the Rangers can depend on Chytil for anything at this point.  Whatever he gives us is a blessing unlikely to be repeated.

I'd start him on line 3 with Cuylle and Kakko and see where things go from there.  At least with Cuylle you know that anybody who hits Chytil up high is going to get whacked in response.

12 minutes ago, Br4d said:

I don't think the Rangers can depend on Chytil for anything at this point.  Whatever he gives us is a blessing unlikely to be repeated.

I'd start him on line 3 with Cuylle and Kakko and see where things go from there.  At least with Cuylle you know that anybody who hits Chytil up high is going to get whacked in response.

They have no choice and have to play the hand they have until its changed.

24 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

They have no choice and have to play the hand they have until its changed.

I totally agree with this.

I do think they don't need to elevate Chytil again as long as they have Zib and Tro.  If one of those guys gets hurt Chytil is going to have to play a big role in the top 6 or the Rangers are screwed.

3 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Let’s see if Lavi has the balls to do what needs to be done. Elevate healthy Chytil and lean away from depending on Zibanejad to produce offensively at 5v5. This is an opportunity to create a premier matchup shutdown line with Zib and Kak where absolutely nothing happens on the ice.

Not off the bat. Maybe once Zibby becomes useless like half the season down the road and Chytil shows he can play more than 2 games without getting hurt?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

Is there a $12M number anywhere on it?

NHL Home Ice guys saying,  “Drury needs to do it.” And handcuff the franchise? I’m not in favor of that much CAP space. Nope. IDK who exactly but I imagine being able to add key guys to the roster splitting that $ up. 

Edited by 4EverRangerFrank

I wouldn't elevate Chytil to break up the most productive line they have (Tro, Panarin and Laf). Unless Chytil has learned how to play center at a high level over the off season. I doubt he has and there's always that issue of having to prove he can stay healthy when somebody else in the building sneezes.  After all these years I think there's even more questions about Chytil than there has been in the past when it comes to what he can be counted on for this season. Fingers crossed but certainly wouldn't bet on it. 

6 hours ago, Scott said:

I wouldn't elevate Chytil to break up the most productive line they have (Tro, Panarin and Laf). Unless Chytil has learned how to play center at a high level over the off season. I doubt he has and there's always that issue of having to prove he can stay healthy when somebody else in the building sneezes.  After all these years I think there's even more questions about Chytil than there has been in the past when it comes to what he can be counted on for this season. Fingers crossed but certainly wouldn't bet on it. 

Kind of rode on hopes and dreams of him taking the next step into the 2nd line center role but at this point it is just baseless hope that he can stay healthy and be a contributor. It's such a shame. The really scary thought is the center depth behind Chytil (turns around and looks at an empty room,).

I think Edstrom plays two-way hockey at Center.  In the event of a top 9 injury you move him up to line 3 between Cuylle and Kakko.  That would probably be a decent checking line with a net front presence.

Cuylle was at his best last season when he had linemates looking to crash the net with him.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

We need to stop calling Edstrom a center until they actually play him at center. He played exclusively wing on a line centered by Roobroeck during the rookie games against Philadelphia — other wingers like Chmelar, and Sykora were taking draws over Edstrom on the PK. He played wing all of last season. He's a wing.

Edstrom’s a center

How bout them apples

• LMFAO 1

10 hours ago, Scott said:

Healthy to start anyway...

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Valriera said:

So it's the same team with the same quotes about the same disappointing players who all sucked in the playoffs because they had injuries got it

It's September. Hope springs eternal, friend.

If you'd like to rise a misery train to paintown, might I recommend the Carolina Panthers?

33 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

It's September. Hope springs eternal, friend.

If you'd like to rise a misery train to paintown, might I recommend the Carolina Panthers?

Jacksonville Jaguars.  Trevor Lawrence is a fraud and it took them 4 years to figure it out.

1 hour ago, LindG1000 said:

Drury's media availability today:

May be some more coming but for now, here are the big takeaways

So basically: "Jacob and I have had conversations on the events of this past off-season and he understands this is a business and we need to do what's best for the organization, which includes moving him at the earliest opportunity as soon as we can make a suitable deal."

• Keeps it 100 1

The second we can get Trouba out of here, the better.

Riley Nash's injury must be his ass from sitting all off season....Pens didn't even make the playoffs!  When and where the fuck did he get injured.

Oh yeah, and I'm still going to hide my eyes every time Chytil takes a hit

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

You think Trouba at least makes it through the year here and gets bought out, or do they actually find a suitor for him in a trade after they were unable to to and/or get him to waive the stupid NTC.

i think Trouba is here to stay until at least this summer.  Take it to the bank

37 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

The second we can get Trouba out of here, the better.

Riley Nash's injury must be his ass from sitting all off season....Pens didn't even make the playoffs!  When and where the fuck did he get injured.

Oh yeah, and I'm still going to hide my eyes every time Chytil takes a hit

Riley Nash is not Reilly Smith. 😉