• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024-25 Training Camp Thread

Phil

Chalk it up to more big brain NHL thinking, but the entire hockey world is well in to pre-season  even the 5 year olds, but not the NHL. They've decided that September is no good, and they prefer to play in July  instead. God, we're so lucky to be hockey fans. True genius.

• LOL 1

3 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Chalk it up to more big brain NHL thinking, but the entire hockey world is well in to pre-season  even the 5 year olds, but not the NHL. They've decided that September is no good, and they prefer to play in July  instead. God, we're so lucky to be hockey fans. True genius.

And every year we hear the talking heads say that the execs "want the game out of June." It's probably a collective bargaining issue. The solution is obvious: move the whole schedule back a month. But my guess is the league wants that more than the PA, so the PA will only agree to do so if they get something in exchange.

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

And every year we hear the talking heads say that the execs "want the game out of June." It's probably a collective bargaining issue. The solution is obvious: move the whole schedule back a month. But my guess is the league wants that more than the PA, so the PA will only agree to do so if they get something in exchange.

Thanks for the context. They definitely need to do something. They waste an entire month where everybody I know is talking hockey 24/7 and then play their championship in a month where the only people that care are the remaining teams fans.

20 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Thanks for the context. They definitely need to do something. They waste an entire month where everybody I know is talking hockey 24/7 and then play their championship in a month where the only people that care are the remaining teams fans.

Yup. Feels like an obvious thing to agree to, because you literally change nothing, but my guess is they'd only agree if it were done gradually, so that players still somewhat maximize their off-seasons.

5 hours ago, Pete said:

The NHL knows they're lagging behind other sports and they don't want to compete with the end of baseball and the beginning of football.

True dat. (I hate that line!)

The other option which will NEVER gain traction is to shorten the season a tad. “But the revenue!!” Owners won’t agree unless they get something in return. So here we are. Red-headed stepchild between 2 beautiful blondes. 👱‍♀️ 

Preseason tickets on sale. Just took a look. It’s $100 a ticket, after fees, to sit in the 400s for the first preseason game. Absolute madness.

It literally is so much more affordable to pick a road game you want to go to, go to it, stay for a long weekend and enjoy yourself than it is to go to MSG on like a fucking Tuesday night and go to a game and have a good time.

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Preseason tickets on sale. Just took a look. It’s $100 a ticket, after fees, to sit in the 400s for the first preseason game. Absolute madness.

It literally is so much more affordable to pick a road game you want to go to, go to it, stay for a long weekend and enjoy yourself than it is to go to MSG on like a fucking Tuesday night and go to a game and have a good time.

Depends on the road game tbh. The schedulers figured out that they can gouge pricing over the holidays, so both Florida teams play the Rangers in Florida during the week between Christmas and NYE. $107 before fees to get into the building in Tampa, $115 in Sunrise. 

I paid $52 a head for seats 15 rows off the ice on the Rangers-shoot-twice end in Sunrise just a few years ago. It's a distant memory.

10 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Depends on the road game tbh. The schedulers figured out that they can gouge pricing over the holidays, so both Florida teams play the Rangers in Florida during the week between Christmas and NYE. $107 before fees to get into the building in Tampa, $115 in Sunrise. 

I paid $52 a head for seats 15 rows off the ice on the Rangers-shoot-twice end in Sunrise just a few years ago. It's a distant memory.

That's still crazy cheap. 

28 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

It's double what it was 5 years ago. 

It's definitely cheaper than MSG though.

I know it's beating a dead horse but .....by the time I cross the Lincoln Tunnel $16 and park $50; I'm $70 in. Tickets in upper tier are going to cost $300+ FOR A PAIR. I may buy a couple of beers or some food $40-$50. So let's say I spent $425 to see ONE GAME!! It is insane; absolutely wild.

Just now, jsm7302 said:

I know it's beating a dead horse but .....by the time I cross the Lincoln Tunnel $16 and park $50; I'm $70 in. Tickets in upper tier are going to cost $300+ FOR A PAIR. I may buy a couple of beers or some food $40-$50. So let's say I spent $425 to see ONE GAME!! It is insane; absolutely wild.

Live sports are now a luxury item meant for the wealthy elite.

• Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, jsm7302 said:

Oh, I have the perspective. I'm just bitter that I'm now paying remotely close to NYC prices 🙂

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, LindG1000 said:

It's double what it was 5 years ago. 

It's definitely cheaper than MSG though.

That’s what it would take to get into MSG in 2 weeks…for preseason! Prices are up everywhere. For everything. I get that. But MSG is just an absolute ripoff anymore.

Edited by RichieNextel305