• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024 NFL Season

jsm7302

Tyreek Hill was stopped by the Police and forcefully removed from his car.

https://www.npr.org/2024/09/09/nx-s1-5106872/tyreek-hill-police-bodycam-videos-miami-dolphin

Unfortunately this looks bad from all optics of the public. I don't understand why people demand respect from Police but fail to provide the mutual respect to the authority of law enforcers. Tyreek escalates the situation and I feel bad that the Officer did not have a decent co-worker to step in and pull him away so he could cool down. De escalation is always the answer.

https://www.nfl.com/news/dolphins-tyreek-hill-says-he-could-have-handled-some-elements-of-traffic-stop-better-calls-for-officer-to-be-fired

When I was on the job, I prided myself on relating to the public in their situation as opposed to pounding my chest and making my authority known. If need be, I was willing to do my job and could escalate when total non compliance rears it's ugly head but 9.8 times out of 10 de escalation and relating to people worked.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

Tyreek Hill was stopped by the Police and forcefully removed from his car.

https://www.npr.org/2024/09/09/nx-s1-5106872/tyreek-hill-police-bodycam-videos-miami-dolphin

Unfortunately this looks bad from all optics of the public. I don't understand why people demand respect from Police but fail to provide the mutual respect to the authority of law enforcers. Tyreek escalates the situation and I feel bad that the Officer did not have a decent co-worker to step in and pull him away so he could cool down. De escalation is always the answer.

https://www.nfl.com/news/dolphins-tyreek-hill-says-he-could-have-handled-some-elements-of-traffic-stop-better-calls-for-officer-to-be-fired

When I was on the job, I prided myself on relating to the public in their situation as opposed to pounding my chest and making my authority known. If need be, I was willing to do my job and could escalate when total non compliance rears it's ugly head but 9.8 times out of 10 de escalation and relating to people worked.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Tyreek was a wise ass, but the cop(s) were over-zealous.  

It literally happened like a block away from the stadium at like 10:00 AM, what did the cop(s) think was going to happen when Tyreek rolled up the window?  Should have been easy to de-escalate the situation instead of escalating it.  Write up the ticket for him going 60 and done with it, have a good game.  Going to assume Hills' attorney gave him a good reason why he rolled up the window (star player, a block of the stadium, didn't want making it a big deal that he got pulled over with fans coming into the stadium)....Instead the police made the situation worse and everything that Hill wanted to avoid happened.  

Both at fault, but the escalation of the situation was uncalled for.  

11 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Tyreek was a wise ass, but the cop(s) were over-zealous.  

It literally happened like a block away from the stadium at like 10:00 AM, what did the cop(s) think was going to happen when Tyreek rolled up the window?  Should have been easy to de-escalate the situation instead of escalating it.  Write up the ticket for him going 60 and done with it, have a good game.  Going to assume Hills' attorney gave him a good reason why he rolled up the window (star player, a block of the stadium, didn't want making it a big deal that he got pulled over with fans coming into the stadium)....Instead the police made the situation worse and everything that Hill wanted to avoid happened.  

Both at fault, but the escalation of the situation was uncalled for.  

I'm not sure if Florida has a similar law as NJ but in NJ if a cop tells/asks/demands/requests you to step out of the vehicle, there is no choice in the matter and the alternative is arrest.

HOWEVER it doesn't have to go that way which is the point we both align on. With great power comes great responsibility. Being a cop doesn't mean being a bully. It means using force when necessary. This is a rough watch for me because I hate both sides of the escalation. It never ends well when either side escalates.

16 minutes ago, Br4d said:

You're going to need it.  Darnold is OK but so far you haven't seen the extremes with him yet and his extremes are extreme.

He will have a shit game eventually, he's been solid so far, that's all we can ask from him I think. He's had one boneheaded INT today, but he recovered from it, which he didn't in the past. For now just enjoying the wins and not expecting too much.

Edited by H-Dreamer
  • Cheers 1

I was in the keep Darnold and draft Sewell camp in 2020.  Not because I thought Darnold was good but because I thought all the 2020 QB's were mediocre or worse.

Darnold was better than any of them except maybe Lawrence and he already had 2 years in the NFL.  I hope he has a top season for you guys and exceeds expectations.

16 hours ago, Br4d said:

I was in the keep Darnold and draft Sewell camp in 2020.  Not because I thought Darnold was good but because I thought all the 2020 QB's were mediocre or worse.

Darnold was better than any of them except maybe Lawrence and he already had 2 years in the NFL.  I hope he has a top season for you guys and exceeds expectations.

I'm just waiting for Zach Wilson to randomly become extremely relevant on the Dolphins or something. Same as I expect that someone can "fix" Daniel Jones, but it ain't the Giants

If the 2020 Rookie QB class (and to a degree this years as well) tells us - again - is that bad teams are better of building the trenches and playing with a serviceable QB, just like the Lions did, instead of hoping to get lucky and draft Stroud (who also has a solid team around him).

Meanwhile the Panthers benched their 1st Overall QB for Andy Dalton.

8 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

I'm just waiting for Zach Wilson to randomly become extremely relevant on the Dolphins or something. Same as I expect that someone can "fix" Daniel Jones, but it ain't the Giants

I'd believe a Daniel Jones fix more because I haven't watched him much.  Zach is just a bad QB, period. 

The kickoff rule is ok with one exception.  The kick should be from the 25.  That would make kickers with a strong leg more important and it would mess with the kicker's ability to coffin-corner kick, which is just a crappy tactic and which will be widely used once the teams figure out the new rules.

I think that kickoff rule tried to kill 2 birds with one stone. 

A) They wanted to try to eliminate high speed contact - Ok, I get this with all the concussion awareness these days, I can understand why that may be on the agenda.  However football, especially NFL football is probably the game that has arguably the highest contact than any other. 

B) I also think they wanted to try to cut down on touchbacks, and that isn't turning out to be the case.  I think over the last 3 weeks the percentage is just about the same, and if it isn't, by week 18 I bet it will be almost identical.

Personally I don't like the new kickoff.  I think it's very gimmicky, kinda like something Bettman would come up with.  Pretty soon it's gonna be Flag Football!  LOL