• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PIT Re-sign Sidney Crosby for 2 Years AAV of... $8.7m

Pete

1 hour ago, phillyb said:

Major major respect. This guy is actually taking home-town discounts. 

Watching him and Ovi for the past almost 20 years has been incredible. Happy to see him stay in Pitt. Something to be said about loyalty like that. I wish him no further Stanley cups but hope can find some record books for some personal bests.

I'm thinking when you show Igor that and he then sees:

His #'s  Contracts | Career Earnings: $16,762,043

Then Sid's Contracts | Career Earnings: $144,057,530

Not sure Igor will have a lot of sympathy to take a contract significantly less than what he could most likely get on the open market. It's really bad situation, I just don't see how they could seriously even consider riding it out and letting him walk at the end of the season for nothing. You've gotta either commit and sign him or move him for something imo. 

7 minutes ago, Scott said:

Not sure Igor will have a lot of sympathy to take a contract significantly less than what he could most likely get on the open market. It's really bad situation, I just don't see how they could seriously even consider riding it out and letting him walk at the end of the season for nothing. You've gotta either commit and sign him or move him for something imo. 

I agree with you.

He deserves $12M. Someone should pay him. Just not the Rangers. He could go to a team that needs his level of goaltending just to be competitive. San Jose. Chicago. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Scott said:

Sid is also 37. Shesterkin is 28. If he signs, say, a five-year deal now at $10 million, he'll tack on $50 million more to that. Then, he'll sign another deal at 33 worth probably another $20 million. Oh no, he's only made half of what the face of the league has? What a shame.

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I wasn't too worried about him going somewhere else, even though Pittsburgh isn't really a contender anymore. It’s cool to see two of the best players of this generation staying with one team. You don't see much of that anymore.

Stop showing love for Cindy and Shittsburgh 

6 hours ago, Phil said:

Sid is also 37. Shesterkin is 28. If he signs, say, a five-year deal now at $10 million, he'll tack on $50 million more to that. Then, he'll sign another deal at 33 worth probably another $20 million. Oh no, he's only made half of what the face of the league has? What a shame.

Didn't say anywhere there should be sympathy, so I'll be more clear about what my thought is, it's pretty basic though. He shouldn't entertain any kind of major haircut in his prime when nothing is guaranteed going forward, including his health.

I wasn't the one who brought up showing the deal to Igor (the comment was probably made in jest).  My point being it's apples and oranges. He's has the right to do whatever he sees best for him and his family. He's earned the right to do all he can to cash in, if the team can't or doesn't want to pay it, they have to get something for him imo. Riding it out and letting him walk would be a terrible idea again just imo.