• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ballsy Predictions - 2024-25 Season Edition

LindG1000

We're back, folks. The thread that makes you laugh, the thread that makes you cry, the thread that gets @Ozzy so excited that he lets it loose early. Ozzy, your secret is safe with us, and the ladies you take home will never find out about this isolated instance. Happens to the best of us, but let's refocus on a slightly different kind of ballsy, yeah?

As is tradition, let's look at some of the best predictions from last year. Or we would, except we had three folks come super close to a hit or damn near hit. Because last year was fucking great.

Ah, fuck it, let's look at some of the worst:

K'Andre Miller leads the Rangers D in PPG - @LindG1000

Blake Wheeler scores 30+ goals and has 70+ points - @Pete

Artemi Panarin - max 16 goals, max 69 points - @BrooksBurner

Filip Chytil scores 40 goals - @RichieNextel305

Woof. Especially ol' Larry there. Mush.

It's the Fall. Hope springs eternal. The trees are dying, the kids are miserable and back in school, the weather's getting moderately cooler, and you're ready for another season of emotional self-destruction and early onset liver failure brought to you by the New York Rangers: our willing torturers, and also the best professional team in New York.

Hey, at least you can forget about the Giants?

Rules: You get to make EXACTLY ONE prediction about the 2024-25 New York Rangers. It must be less than obvious. Most off-the-wall truth at the end of the season wins nothing rep. I am asking for incredible foresight here, so get your divining hats on (or drink yourself silly).

Oh, and no repeat predictions. If someone beats you to the punch, so be it.

• JIMMY! 1
  • Believe 1

16 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

We're back, folks. The thread that makes you laugh, the thread that makes you cry, the thread that gets @Ozzy so excited that he lets it loose early. Ozzy, your secret is safe with us, and the ladies you take home will never find out about this isolated instance. Happens to the best of us, but let's refocus on a slightly different kind of ballsy, yeah?

As is tradition, let's look at some of the best predictions from last year. Or we would, except we had three folks come super close to a hit or damn near hit. Because last year was fucking great.

It's the Fall. Hope springs eternal. The trees are dying, the kids are miserable and back in school, the weather's getting moderately cooler, and you're ready for another season of emotional self-destruction and early onset liver failure brought to you by the New York Rangers: our willing torturers, and also the best professional team in New York.

Rules: You get to make EXACTLY ONE prediction about the 2024-25 New York Rangers. It must be less than obvious. Most off-the-wall truth at the end of the season wins nothing rep. I am asking for incredible foresight here, so get your divining hats on (or drink yourself silly).

Woah! Being called out! Ouch!

I’m going to say that Brennan Othmann makes this team, moves to the right side and is the answer on the 1st line and scores 25 goals in his rookie season.

I debated between this and predicting a deadline deal down the line for a certain player. 

But I’m gonna roll with this. It’s time for a hotshot prospect to burst through in camp and force our hand as far as keeping him.

Edited by RichieNextel305

35 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I mean I picked Strome’s jersey number for goals and 69 for points to troll the board troll!